[SOLVED] EVGA RTX 2080 Super Black Gaming VS. MSI Gaming TRIO X ???

Jlg823

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2013
Last minute question, is there a big/good difference between the EVGA card mention above ($699) vs. the MSI one ($760). Is it worth that price difference? How big of a difference is the cooling and overclocking considering the MSI card has 2x8 PIN rather than EVGA's 6+8. Any opinions?

Rest of System:
i7-7700k @4.9ghz
ASUS Z270 TUF Mark 2
16GB 2400mhz RAM
Seasonic USA Focus Plus 750 Watt 80 Plus Gold ATX

Last edited:
Solution
EVGA 2080 Super Black
Msi 2080 Super Gaming X Trio
-power limits aren't very far apart between them: 292w VS 285w. Overclocking and Gpu Boost potential will be similiar.
-triple fan cooler will be louder than the dual cooler at higher fan speeds.
-many of these cards have a fan stop feature when idle, so fan noise at lower loads are kinda moot anyways.

I don't see a significant difference between them.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
EVGA 2080 Super Black
-power limits aren't very far apart between them: 292w VS 285w. Overclocking and Gpu Boost potential will be similiar.
-many of these cards have a fan stop feature when idle, so fan noise at lower loads are kinda moot anyways.

Solution

Jlg823

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2013
EVGA 2080 Super Black

Was just wondering because from a few things I saw, the triple fan card was much cooler in higher intensity games. The sound isn't really a big deal with me but the cooling was what I was mainly concerned with.

Jlg823

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2013
Well, if sound isn't an issue, then the Msi card wins... if you think that price is worth it?
IMO, 60USD is fairly significant between those 2 cards. It's ultimately your call.
Yeah that price was a bit ehhhh to me. A few weeks ago, before COVID and stuff the price was much more reasonable at $730USD at Microcenter but now it's all the way at $760 and at that price it's closer to the RTX 2080 Super ROG Strix ($790)