[SOLVED] EVGA RTX 2080 TI not being detected

May 11, 2019
I built a new computer yesterday and I was having issues off the bat with my graphics card. When I booted up windows, I noticed in the Device Manager that "Display adapters" listed both the Intel Integrated Graphics and my 2080 TI. When I attempted to disable the Intel Integrated Graphics, the GPU switches to the basic Microsoft card. I have tried switching the PCI slots but the issue still prevailed. On top of that I attempted to download the latest NVIDIA driver, and it said "NVIDIA Installer cannot continue" and it tells me to update my driver using GeForce Experience to download the correct version, and when I do download the driver nothing changes. and when I loaded up the NVIDIA Control Panel it displayed a message that said "You are not currently using a display connected to a NVIDIA GPU. Please help, this is my first computer build.

Thank you

Solution
It looks like you have your display cable attached to the motherboard video output. It needs to be connected directly to the 2080 Ti. When this occurs, the Intel GPU won't be listed anymore in device manager and this should fix the problem. The top most PCI-E slot is typically the one you want to use for GPU.
It looks like you have your display cable attached to the motherboard video output. It needs to be connected directly to the 2080 Ti. When this occurs, the Intel GPU won't be listed anymore in device manager and this should fix the problem. The top most PCI-E slot is typically the one you want to use for GPU.

Solution