Question EVGA RTX 2080 Ultra XC One fan not working

thewalleprod

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2016
One of my fans isn't working on my rtx 2080 that I just bought a week ago. I just noticed this after my game crashed about three times in a span of 2 days which was unusual. I ran HWMonitor and saw that Fan #1 was spinning at 1900-2100rpm during load, and Fan #2 was at 0rpm. I had a previous graphics card installed before the 2080 and I had installed the 2080 without uninstalling graphics drivers, etc.. Is this a bad card and should I return it, or is it something I can fix??

Dunlop0078

Titan
Ambassador
GPU temp under load? I believe that card will enable and disable fans based on whats hot, it has 9 thermal sensors and will decide if both, one, or none of the fans need to be on. Try putting it under full load and see if both come on. As for the crashing im not sure, but I wouldn't blame that fan unless you sure it never comes on and the GPU is still getting quite hot.

thewalleprod

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2016
GPU temp under load? I believe that card will enable and disable fans based on whats hot, it has 9 thermal sensors and will decide if both, one, or none of the fans need to be on. Try putting it under full load and see if both come on. As for the crashing im not sure, but I wouldn't blame that fan unless you sure it never comes on and the GPU is still getting quite hot.

77 degrees celsius, and the fan didn't turn on.