News EVGA RTX 3080 12GB, RTX 3080 Ti Cards Now in Stock at MSRP

They are starting to sweat boys....

51940952961_b6a817461a_z.jpg

RareAir23

Commendable
Jun 10, 2020
So this story came out nearly 2 hours ago now and it makes me ponder...I wonder if any stock is still there? I have an RTX 3080 myself so I'm good so my mind ponders this not for me but for other people shopping. Also, from the last commenter's meme he is telling everyone to hold. That's telling me we want the prices to go lower than MSRP. Will they? With all that I'm curious now to see what happens. I might just keep an eye on this throughout today. Out!

bigdragon

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
3080 Ti cards in stock at MSRP? Well this is a positive development! But the 3080 Ti also has an inflated MSRP. $1329 feels too expensive for a card that should have landed at $999 instead of $1199. You can buy all of the current generation consoles, extra controllers, and a few games for the price of either EVGA GPU. There's room for that price to fall. Definitely something to keep an eye on!

I think the 30-series still has a lot of price reduction to go. The coworker miner is trying to time the market and dump some hardware now. A lot of people are getting freaked out by gas and the bill for groceries too.

Honestly, I'm interested in a 3080-something. But a Ti version is too many hours of freelancing to cover the current prices.

Hasn't EVGA been like, the only partner that has had cards at or very near MSRP throughout this whole big shenanigan of a period?

Remember they have their queue and sell directly, so they don't need to go through 3rd parties that will really inflate prices. If anything, this is probably a consequence of nVidia lowering their hard grasp or memory lowering prices a bit? The latter should be easier to check?

Regards.

Hasn't EVGA been like, the only partner that has had cards at or very near MSRP throughout this whole big shenanigan of a period?

Remember they have their queue and sell directly, so they don't need to go through 3rd parties that will really inflate prices. If anything, this is probably a consequence of nVidia lowering their hard grasp or memory lowering prices a bit? The latter should be easier to check?
It's easy to sell cards near MSRP when that MSRP is heavily inflated to begin with. The 3080 Ti is only up to 10% faster than a 3080, a card that's officially supposed to be priced at $699. So even the Founder's Edition 3080 Ti was marked up higher than it would have been in a normal market, and EVGA increased the price further on top of that. And for what? A different cooler that probably costs them no more to make than a standard 3080 reference cooler.

A 3080 Ti for over $1300 is still a very bad value compared to the prices announced for the rest of the 30-series over a year and a half ago. And later in the year, we will likely have 40-series cards available that will make this currently "high-end" card a lot more "mid-range". And of course, there's a strong possibility that graphics card pricing will be more normal then, and availability could potentially be significantly better with Intel entering the market, and mining profitability uncertain.

Just remember the current MSRP isn’t the original MSRP, it was increased a while back. I just had a look and the 3080 10GB is still selling for >£200 more than I paid at launch and my model was not the cheapest at launch.

Quite correct. That's EVGA's inflated MSRP, not NVIDIA's. So title is a bit misleading. Card mfg are only focusing on top end premium models and it's now causing a glut as ETH is collapsing. Few regular Joe's can afford that.

I saw $500 MSRP premium cooler 5700XT's (AMD MSRP: $400) sell for $370 by the time it was over. (This was before Crypto took off again)

RareAir23

Commendable
Jun 10, 2020
Yep discontinued. NVIDIA was silent about it because they feared backlash over the price increase. And you know it was them as they wouldn't even announce a MSRP.
So if the RTX 3080 10GB is discontinued (and at this point I don't doubt that) what's going to happen with RTX 3080 10GB cards still under warranty that (heaven forbid for the user) break down somehow? Would they just warranty RMA the 10GB and get a 12GB instead? I don't ask this as a question to sound dumb but there are people who might read this forum topic and be curious about that too. Out!

Reactions: Awesomeblackguy
So if the RTX 3080 10GB is discontinued (and at this point I don't doubt that) what's going to happen with RTX 3080 10GB cards still under warranty that (heaven forbid for the user) break down somehow? Would they just warranty RMA the 10GB and get a 12GB instead? I don't ask this as a question to sound dumb but there are people who might read this forum topic and be curious about that too. Out!

Depends on company policy. Some will ship you back another persons busted 3080 10GB hoping it will work in your system. (Swarmy if you ask me. I've seen people exchange 3 times before they got a good one that wasn't used.) Some will actually repair defective stock, or try to "reflow" components in an oven. Others might offer you a credit toward the purchase of a new one. I only saw one company will offer you an upgrade if they don't have it in stock.

C0BRA

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
My personal experience with EVGA is for years I have bought only EVGA cards. Anytime any broke they either gave me a fully working one equal to or better than what I had before. In fact and this isn't free but you can opt and pay for advanced exchange so if a card dies they will send you a replace ment thats as good or better than your current card. To me they are the ONLY ones to buy video cards from. I have purchased from them clear back to around 2007 or so.

Reactions: spentshells

walterg74

Distinguished
May 14, 2008
I don't understand... since when is that price msrp?? Was the writer high? I understand the price distortions are theresince forever, but msrp of a 3080 was NOT that proce...

Reactions: Tanquen

cafuddled

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I've probably not posted on Tom's Hardware for over a decade. I seen this on my feed, read the "article" and seen the quote "but at least your not giving the extra to scalpers".

What the BIG GIANT F ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. It links to an Amazon 3rd party seller selling at scalper prices, just because it's not eBay does not mean it's not scalpers.

It's absolute garbage nonsense like this that made me leave so many years ago and it's the absolute slide deeper into this waste of digital space that keeps me further and further away.

The "talent" at Tom's should be deeply ashamed, journalistic integrity is very hard to find here. I'd love for you guys to give me a reason to come back, but the message that this site is an absolute waste of my time is continually reaffirmed.

Reactions: spentshells
I've probably not posted on Tom's Hardware for over a decade. I seen this on my feed, read the "article" and seen the quote "but at least your not giving the extra to scalpers".

What the BIG GIANT F ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. It links to an Amazon 3rd party seller selling at scalper prices, just because it's not eBay does not mean it's not scalpers.

It's absolute garbage nonsense like this that made me leave so many years ago and it's the absolute slide deeper into this waste of digital space that keeps me further and further away.

The "talent" at Tom's should be deeply ashamed, journalistic integrity is very hard to find here. I'd love for you guys to give me a reason to come back, but the message that this site is an absolute waste of my time is continually reaffirmed.

Come on bro, get in on the scam.

Everyone needs bigger and better with 10 GB of ram min. 144fps.

It's easy to sell cards near MSRP when that MSRP is heavily inflated to begin with. The 3080 Ti is only up to 10% faster than a 3080, a card that's officially supposed to be priced at $699. So even the Founder's Edition 3080 Ti was marked up higher than it would have been in a normal market, and EVGA increased the price further on top of that. And for what? A different cooler that probably costs them no more to make than a standard 3080 reference cooler.

A 3080 Ti for over $1300 is still a very bad value compared to the prices announced for the rest of the 30-series over a year and a half ago. And later in the year, we will likely have 40-series cards available that will make this currently "high-end" card a lot more "mid-range". And of course, there's a strong possibility that graphics card pricing will be more normal then, and availability could potentially be significantly better with Intel entering the market, and mining profitability uncertain.
That was not what I was talking about though?

Whatever the MSRP is, EVGA has been consistently offering cards at or near it. It's about a comparison point, not judging on what is considered "fair MSRP" or if it has increased, etc. I am not passing judgement on how scummy nVidia has been here and just pointing out that EVGA at least hasn't been playing dirty (dirtier?).

I get your point though, but again, not what I was pointing to or commenting about.

Regards.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Doesn't seem to matter how many threads there are about this. The original MSRPs are not happening again. BOM cost went up, parts shortages are still a thing, worldwide shipping is still constrained, and now you have new Covid shutdowns in the manufacturing areas of China. For people in the US, we still have those tariffs in effect against China.

And yes, your OEMs are concentrating on the higher end cards that offer the most profit margin on top of all of that.

I tracked the Newegg Shuffle for many months, EVGA was the only supplier that had cards at their MSRP at Newegg. If you look at the last Shuffle you can get an ASUS 3080Ti for $1899, MSI for $1569, Gigabyte for $1449, EVGAs non liquid cooled top performer for $1429 (that had an MSRP of 1399 about a year ago), that they are even considering offering a closer to the original MSRP is likely for goodwill only.