Question EVGA - RTX 3090 NVlink bridge - 3-slot?

Infikiran

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2008
Sorry if this has been asked before but I recently purchased an EVGA RTX 3090 for a decent price and it's a beast of a GPU compared to the 2080ti I was using. I primarily use the card for 3D rendering in Daz Studio. As most of you know I'm sure, the IRAY engine will use as many CUDA cores as you throw at it, so at some point I would like to add a 2nd GPU in my system. While I can easily do that, as I had two 2080tis before, I would also like an NVLINK bridge so that I can link the video memory together for much larger rendering scenes, giving me a total of 48GB VRAM between two cards. Only problem is I only find 4-slot spacing NVLINK bridges. The way the slots are spaced on my motherboard I would need a 3-slot spacing bridge. I've not been able to find one anywhere. Does this even exists? I don't want to fool with risers if I don't have to as I don't have the case room for it.

Reactions: Order 66

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
Yeah, but I'd still be capped at the 24GB VRAM. With 2 3090s NVLINKed I would have the edge over a 4090 plus double the VRAM. I understand it's not needed for games but rendering large scenes in IRAY I used up VRAM quick.
If you are serious about this just get two RTX A6000s

TRENDING THREADS