Question EVGA RTX3060 stuck at 255 mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 30, 2023
My RTX3060's base clock is stuck at 255 mhz the temperature is weirdly -40 degrees regarding to MSI afterburner the vram is alright, I also tried to install other drivers, updated my motherboard bios and changed different OS versions but the problem seems to be persistent.
It seems the only chance to be able to increase the clock base is to overclock it to +1000mhz via msi afterburner, so reaching 1200mhz is enough for games but still causing huge problems and i don't know the circumstances beyond that overclock so i need help.

Last edited:
Reactions: th3reaperskullpt

th3reaperskullpt

Prominent
Dec 27, 2022
My RTX3060's base clock is stuck at 255 mhz the temperature is weirdly -40 degrees regarding to MSI afterburner the vram is alright, I also tried to install other drivers, updated my motherboard bios and changed different OS versions but the problem seems to be persistent.
It seems the only chance to be able to increase the clock base is to overclock it to +1000mhz via msi afterburner, so reaching 1200mhz is enough for games but still causing huge problems and i don't know the circumstances beyond that overclock so i need help.

What is the rest of the components material you have in your setup? More important would be to know what your PSU would be in this case.
Do you have a friend who can test your graphics on another pc? To check if there is a problem with it?
Although I think this is due to lack of energy in the components. Being that you reach 1200mhz in games but even so you have problems, it may be there.
But being fixed at 255mhz is normal if you don't have to use graphics resources while watching videos in windows or on discord.

Reactions: Seroni
Jan 30, 2023
What is the rest of the components material you have in your setup? More important would be to know what your PSU would be in this case.
Do you have a friend who can test your graphics on another pc? To check if there is a problem with it?
Although I think this is due to lack of energy in the components. Being that you reach 1200mhz in games but even so you have problems, it may be there.
But being fixed at 255mhz is normal if you don't have to use graphics resources while watching videos in windows or on discord.

Thank you for ur time.
I tested it on a different PSU, same results.
The component or the specs is
Intel core i511400 F and 16 gigs of ram

It's less than 255 on idle, but when maxed out or stressing it by playing a game, the 255 mhz is the max.

So basically im able to overclock to add extra 1000mhz so i can play normally.

Reactions: th3reaperskullpt

th3reaperskullpt

Prominent
Dec 27, 2022
Thank you for ur time.
I tested it on a different PSU, same results.
The component or the specs is
Intel core i511400 F and 16 gigs of ram

It's less than 255 on idle, but when maxed out or stressing it by playing a game, the 255 mhz is the max.

So basically im able to overclock to add extra 1000mhz so i can play normally.

Apparently I replied to you but didn't send my comment, as I was saying the graphics is still under warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.