EVGA Sets Four New 3DMark Records

Status
Not open for further replies.
[citation][nom]the1kingbob[/nom]I wonder how stable the GPU overclock is. Doubt it could handle a few hours of heavy gaming without some aftermarket cooling.[/citation]

I guarantee that those beats are cooled by a compressor or by liquid nitrogen

solomaniac85

Honorable
Jun 12, 2012
installed them on its upcoming X79 Dark Motherboard

Not really sure if its fair that they broke records on a motherboard that hasn't even been released yet, so they could have some kind of unfair advantage with it. Maybe I'm wrong but just throwing it out there.

xomm

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
[citation][nom]the1kingbob[/nom]I wonder how stable the GPU overclock is. Doubt it could handle a few hours of heavy gaming without some aftermarket cooling.[/citation]

You'd have to be clinically insane to even approach a 200% OC on stock cooling (or even water, for that matter). These records are almost universally achieved with liquid nitrogen or even liquid helium on zombied cards (i.e. extensively modified with additional VRMs, etc.), and are for the sole purpose of benchmarking, nothing more.

fil1p

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
[citation][nom]Pinhedd[/nom]I guarantee that those beats are cooled by a compressor or by liquid nitrogen[/citation]
I would agree, if you look at the screenshot Precision X is reporting 0C, so its probably sub zero and out of the sensors range. However that is not the point of this, this is a world record, and a beautiful one, they really got a hefty overclock on those cards!

Status
Not open for further replies.