EVGA Shows Z170 Stinger, FTW, Classified Motherboards At Computex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xivilain

Reputable
Apr 16, 2014
Where's the USB TYPE-C port?
Any chance we can get Creative Labs Sound built in again?
No more sleek I/O coverplate?
Good luck plugging up the USB3.0 cable into that sideways header that's facing downwards. Maybe include an extension cable? Just maybe?
Its always bugged me that the debug LED is sideways.
The classy has nicer PCI-E retention locks than the FTW. What gives? I hated using a ruler to reach the top-lock when you have SLI'd a few cards together. Its a PITA.
I'm a fan of EVGA, but I want their products to hold up well against the competition. And just a few minor tweaks can make these boards soar above others.

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006
So does this mean 8X PCIe when doing SLI with SKylake is ok? It used to be the best performance was 16X on at least 2 PCIe slots. This looks like best case scenario is 8X and 8X.

TriBeard

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
So does this mean 8X PCIe when doing SLI with SKylake is ok? It used to be the best performance was 16X on at least 2 PCIe slots. This looks like best case scenario is 8X and 8X.

It's been that way for a long time. Haswell is x16 for one card, or 8x8 for 2. As was ivy bridge. sandy bridge was the same, but I think it was only PCI-E 2.0.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff

They're calling them x16 slots. I wasn't able to figure out some of the boards with 100% certainty and since 66% certainty doesn't cut it you're also going to see articles with x16* where the * means we couldn't confirm lane count.

Status
Not open for further replies.