Question Evga single fan gtx 1060 6gb 81c under load

friendlysimmer123

Commendable
Feb 15, 2018
Hi , so its come to my attention that the gpu i foolishly bought about 2 months ago which was evgas single fan gtx 1060 6gb has a completely garbage heatsink and fan , under load it gets up to 81c which i know is a bit too hot for a gpu . What im wondering is if there is anything i can do about this , im mainly wondering if there is any better heatsinks i can replace this one with , im also going to try replacing the thermal paste on it with some arctic mx-4 which i intend to use on my cpu aswell , from what i can see i dont have any problems with overheating on any other components , i know its not related to my room temp or dust getting in my case or anything like that.

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
81c isn't as bad as you think it is, but it is pretty high. Replacing the paste will definitely help as GPU manufacturers almost never get it right, and if you want to improve your thermals past that you can use MSI Afterburner to edit your fan curve, sacrificing silence, or you can start doing weird DIY stuff like ziptying fans to the card or putting a different heatsink on it. I would not recommend the latter, however, because it's hard to find full coolers compatible for specific graphics cards for sale.

Reactions: friendlysimmer123