Question EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P+ 80 PLUS Platinum -- Fans ramping up randomly

Dec 20, 2022
Hello,

Yesterday I built my PC and everything is running well except the power supply, as stated by the title it is a (EVGA SuperNOVA 1600 P+ 80 PLUS Platinum), the problem is as follows, on ECO mode the fans run quietly but every 5 minutes or so the fans ramp up super aggressively and very loud, with ECO mode turned off the fans just straight up ramp up to the same aggressive speed as before except this time it is permanent, is there a way to troubleshoot this or is this straight up a faulty PSU.

Dec 20, 2022
It's a normal fan behavior for that PSU.

But why this PSU? The ACRF topology on the primary is outdated and has transient response time issues with recent high end GPUs. Useless as a 1600w PSU.
Sigh :(

I chose this PSU based on a website rating the best PSUs for a 4090 and that was on the top spot :(, I guess it was a shi@ty website, thank you for your reply...

EDIT: If i where to change it which one would you recommend? I am running a b650 e-f rog strix // 7950x/// RTX 4090//

Dec 20, 2022
Sigh :(

I chose this PSU based on a website rating the best PSUs for a 4090 and that was on the top spot :(, I guess it was a shi@ty website, thank you for your reply...

EDIT: If i where to change it which one would you recommend? I am running a b650 e-f rog strix // 7950x/// RTX 4090//

EDIT EDIT: I have my old CoolerMaster V850 80plus gold, could it run this pc? I had planned to leave it in my other pc but could I use it while i get a new, more quieter one?