[SOLVED] EVGA SuperNOVA 550W: G2 or G3?

TooOldForThis

Honorable
Oct 4, 2014
Hi all,

I have an opportunity to pick up either of these units at the same price. Is there a significant difference in the two? Is one considered better than the other?

Solution
550W, both second hand in good condition for £55.
If both are used I would tend toward taking the newer G3. Age means something with power supplies as they have perishable parts inside, capacitors and such, so the less years the better is my thinking. This does not account for how either was used or abused so you take a chance there regardless.
Hi all,

I have an opportunity to pick up either of these units at the same price. Is there a significant difference in the two? Is one considered better than the other?
The G2 is an older model and some consider it better than the G3 by a small margin, but both a good quality. Both are made by Super Flower and they do make some very good models. You can get Super Flower models in the states now, if you're interested, at pretty good prices. What is the price you're looking at and the wattage?

TooOldForThis

Honorable
Oct 4, 2014
The G2 is an older model and some consider it better than the G3 by a small margin, but both a good quality. Both are made by Super Flower and they do make some very good models. You can get Super Flower models in the states now, if you're interested, at pretty good prices. What is the price you're looking at and the wattage?

550W, both second hand in good condition for £55.