EVGA Supernova 550W G3 vs Seasonic 550w Focus Gold

lolermanlols123

Commendable
Mar 2, 2018
I was wondering which one is better at the $70 price range the EVGA Supernova G3 or Seasonic Focus 550W (not plus) or if there are better PSUS at this price range please suggest them.

Solution
I'll start with the differences between Seasonic Focus and Seasonic Focus Plus.
The Focus Plus includes a hybrid mode fan, 3 years longer warranty (10 years), full modularity, and a different fan (HA1225H12F-Z as opposed HA1225M12F-Z). The cables in the Focus do not include in-cable capacitors so it's nice for system building as it allows better flexibility.

EVGA G3 and Seasonic Focus both have 7 years warranty. Customer support may be a relevant factor to you, but I can't comment on.
The fan used in the Focus isn't very good, this thread talks a bit about it.
The Focus is quieter (when new) than the G3. < 660RPM below 400w load compared to 1400RPM on the G3.
Packaging is similar.
The EVGA G3's OPP and OTP are set way to high...

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Evga has the best customer support, bar none. So if something does go wrong, they'll do more to help than anyone. However, the chances of needing that with those 2 psus is astronomically slim. Both are GradeAA psus, not only for output and performance, but quality of platform, components, workmanship. Seasonic is also the only oem/brand I've heard of that gets companies like newegg to ship a unit for professional review, not some could be cherry picked specimen from the factory. Pros get to literally review a unit you could have bought off a shelf. That's testament to cirtainty of quality by the manufacturer.

Seasonic is generally considered the bar to beat in psus, many try, most fail.

In this case the Evga is a better psu than the Focus, more inline with the Focus Plus.

Rexper

Respectable
BANNED
Apr 12, 2017
I'll start with the differences between Seasonic Focus and Seasonic Focus Plus.
The Focus Plus includes a hybrid mode fan, 3 years longer warranty (10 years), full modularity, and a different fan (HA1225H12F-Z as opposed HA1225M12F-Z). The cables in the Focus do not include in-cable capacitors so it's nice for system building as it allows better flexibility.

EVGA G3 and Seasonic Focus both have 7 years warranty. Customer support may be a relevant factor to you, but I can't comment on.
The fan used in the Focus isn't very good, this thread talks a bit about it.
The Focus is quieter (when new) than the G3. < 660RPM below 400w load compared to 1400RPM on the G3.
Packaging is similar.
The EVGA G3's OPP and OTP are set way to high, which can cause problems in a fault.
Overall performance is great on both units, with the EVGA G3 a bit better. I don't believe there will be a real world negligible difference there.

The EVGA G3 comes with two PCIe cables, with three connectors overall. The Seasonic Focus includes 2 connectors on 1 cable. For high end GPUs it is recommended to use one cable per PCIe connector, so there's a pro for the G3.

You can read some reviews,
Seasonic Focus Plus: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/seasonic-ssr-750fx-focus-plus-750-gold-psu,5206-11.html
EVGA G3: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/evga-supernova-650-g3-psu,5533-12.html

Solution