[SOLVED] EVGA SuperNOVA 850W G5 Eco Mod On or Off?

Spartagus423

Reputable
Nov 29, 2019
Hi all I just built a new PC and had the Eco Mode off and power bill went from 100 to 180 one month. I run 2 displays...1 being my Old TV 60hz 1920x1080 via HDMI and my Main Monitor is the PG279 running 60hz 2560x1440. When I leave house to go to work I usually turn off the monitor but the Desktop stays on.

With Speedfan when I just have the One display on it is running at 45C GPU according to Speedfan...When I turn on my other monitor and put stream on it or a show my heat while not gaming usually goes between 55-60C. Will Gaming in Path of Exile or Magic The Gathering Online my temps vary between 55-65 Depending on what I am doing. I am just new to building my own PC and want to set it up the best way possible..But I always worry about heat...My PSU is on bottom of my case with fan blowing down but it is Raised by the legs of case and underneath my desk on a wood shelf.

Will ECO mode help with lowering the cost? Should I be turning my PC Off at night?

I am new to building my PC and would like to lower cost but I am usually home 5 days a week using both monitors while I work or play games...

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Spartagus423/saved/#view=cd6TCJ

I leave my PC on 24/7 because I usually am on it.

Solution
I'm fairly certain eco mode just applies a much less aggressive fan curve, and doesnt affect power draw. But you should DEFINITELY turn off your pc at night or when you arent using it.