News EVGA Teases X570 Dark Motherboard For AMD Ryzen CPUs

Little late, EVGA. But maybe next time
except 5000 series are great cpu's and will be used for many yrs...and if interest is there they will likely commit to 6000 series earlier.
With only 2 memory slots very much doubt that.
Dark series are designed for OCing.
most ppl who oc for records use only 1 or 2 sticks as its easier to reach better scores that way.

and in future ddr5 will make 2 slots more normal (as iirc lowest size stick is for ddr5 ill be 16gb)

Makaveli

Splendid
except 5000 series are great cpu's and will be used for many yrs...and if interest is there they will likely commit to 6000 series earlier.

most ppl who oc for records use only 1 or 2 sticks as its easier to reach better scores that way.

and in future ddr5 will make 2 slots more normal (as iirc lowest size stick is for ddr5 ill be 16gb)

So this board will only be for Hardcore overclockers and LN2 users?

I was under the impression it was just going to a standard highend AM4 board.

Jake Hall

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2013

I switched to 4 sticks, because the GN video :/

Reactions: Questors
Apr 1, 2020
So the EVGA board will sell to the 0.1%, big deal.

Check this out though. Gigabyte has released a new series of motherboards, the Aero, aimed at content creation. The Gigabyte X570S Aero G has been listed at Newegg for a massive $350, which is only $10 less than the Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master. You do get 4 PCIe 4.0 x4 M.2 slots and up to 128GB RAM support.

Think it's worthy of its own article.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/X570S-AERO-G-rev-10#kf

Reactions: Why_Me

Questors

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2004
Another $400+ board that nobody with any sense will purchase.

As most people do, I mostly tend toward the "sweet spot." Although within the group of several PCs I build around a given time, there is usually one ridiculous high end rig.

Why? Because I want to build it. The argument is no different than the person who buys the Mustang GT Premium and then bolts thousands of dollars of performance increasing gear on it right away. This versus the person who buys the Honda Accord and shakes his head at the other. It's about making what one wants out it. We are all different, despite what some would have everyone believe.

Difference is what stimulates new ideas and perspectives. I will probably buy the X570 Dark or Z590 Dark and build a custom water cooled system with it. Then I will crash it a hundred times dialing in the best possible numbers I can get.

Then again, I don't drink, smoke, spend money shopping all the time, eat out often, over spend at the grocery store, own expensive vehicles, don't have the insane hundreds of dollars of cable or satellite packages, don't buy the most expensive mobile phone, don't upgrade phones every 30 seconds, don't have expensive data packages. etc., and so forth. So I spend a bit more on something like one of these boards ever few years. In the end, I still spend less over all than the average Westerner, on frivolous stuff. What we choose to use our "sense" to spend money on differs from person to person.