MSRP: $299.99

Release Date: November 17, 2008

SLi and CrossFire are both supported. :D

132ble758a11og2.jpg

132ble758a17od8.jpg

Check it out, Extreme Cooling Mode and adjustable PWM. :D

biostf2.jpg

bios2hh7.jpg

Just a heads up, the EVGA X58 Ultimate FTW Edition will be releasing in December. There will be no "Step-Up" option as it is an "FTW" edition board. ;)

wahjahka

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2008

spathotan

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
Way too Nvidia-ish for my taste. It looks like an imitation nvidia chipset board. Also the lack of any mention and branding of Crossfire support (eventhough its supported) on the box is a turn off. Ill look at another company for my potential X58 buy.

slntdth93

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008

It's not about the box but what's in it :lol:

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff

I only ever see you in here to push EVGA product, which would make you a spammer. Spamers are NOT allowed here.

Furthermore, EVGA motherboards have never been top products, and this one is designed by who...former EPoX engineers? EPoX left the business for a reason!

You'd might as well be spaming for VIA.

AuDioFreaK39

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2007

That's a completely subjective opinion-based response, but I respect it. Nonetheless, I wouldn't consider myself a spammer for merely informing people about an upcoming motherboard. EVGA's advertisement team failed to do so (how many people on here even knew EVGA was making an X58? 3%?), so I'm taking the burden. It's simply information - after all, this is the internet.

p.s. I do not work for them.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Nah, I've actually tested nearly every EVGA motherboard, and these have always come in 2nd or lower compared to similar boards. I go all the way back with EVGA motherboards to the days when Jetway was their supplier.

AuDioFreaK39

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2007

fyi, in relation to world records, the EVGA and Gigabyte X58s are on top right now. ;)

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff

That's great to hear, I've heard wonderful things about the stability of Gigabyte's X58's.

The problem of course is that you began touting this EVGA motherboard before even the first testers had their hands on one.

I actually talked to a world class overclocker who swore...among all things...by EVGA motherboards for SLI and Asus' ROG series for Crossfire or single cards. My personal experience has shown the Asus' P5B series usually has a tiny edge over its bling-oriented (faked "enthusiast oriented") ROG series, so I asked him why he didn't use those.

His response? "When I get a new board I spend 3 days cursing it. After two weeks I get it just the way I want it and don't have any desire to mess around with something else"

In other words, he only works with the first board the manufacturer sends him. And he sets records with that board, not because it's a superior board, but because he's spent weeks improving it.

TRENDING THREADS