Question Evo 212 on Dell optiplex 7010 MT?

Apr 19, 2019
Recently I started to build a friend a budget computer since the old LGA 1366 he had up and died due to a faulty ground in a budget power supply frying the entire system like a potato.

After getting a broken 1155 board in the mail (seriously people, STATIC BAGS) I opted to go for something more in budget while the refund on the last junker processes; a dell optiplex 7010 MT board.

My problem on the cooling is thus: I heard from a few posts that dell uses 1.2-1.6 amp on their cpu cooling headers and am afraid this may be too little/too much juice for the hyper 212 evo(I have no idea what she actually pulls though, as the data I have been getting is conflicted).

Will a hyper 212 work given enough space and a 5 to 4 pin adapter?

Also noticed Dells backplate is effectively stuck on there, not sure what I should do to mount this behemoth short of using long screws.

Thx in advance.

Ps:im puttin her in a full tower case

"I heard from a few posts that dell uses 1.2-1.6 amp"
The spec would be one or the other...not both.

"am afraid this may be too little/too much juice "
It can never be too much.

"I have no idea what she actually pulls"
.22 amps

"Will a hyper 212 work given enough space "
yes

as far as the wires....I'm not sure what you have...just make sure you connect them correctly or you can fry something.

and yes I would use long screws.

Apr 19, 2019
"I heard from a few posts that dell uses 1.2-1.6 amp"
The spec would be one or the other...not both.

"am afraid this may be too little/too much juice "
It can never be too much.

"I have no idea what she actually pulls"
.22 amps

"Will a hyper 212 work given enough space "
yes

as far as the wires....I'm not sure what you have...just make sure you connect them correctly or you can fry something.

and yes I would use long screws.
The 1.2-1.6 was conflicting data, a couple MT variants used 1.6 while some used 1.2, though I have never come across the former before. As for wires, I have multiple spare molly connectors for the 3 case fans and one 5 to 4 pin adapter on the way.

Thanks for the help.