[SOLVED] Evo 860 SSD 256GB vs GIGABYTE M.2 PCIe SSD 512GB

AnAccount

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017
I'm looking which storage for booting and to have some programs (maybe few games) on it which I use often.
I mostly do in access making forms, VBA and dealing with SQL server.
One other important factor to me are macro recorders which do loops and I sometimes use image scanning, I want it to go though the loop as fast as possible but I'm not sure that the store will have big impact on this one.
Anyways, which one should I get? The gigabyte is just about 9 dollars more expensive but I get double storage. And the Samsung SSD isn't a m.2 nor NVMe, it's a 2.5" drive.

USAFRet

Titan
For that use case, which SSD has little if any impact. All that stuff happens in the CPU and RAM.

A 250GB drive is probably too small for all that, but the Samsung is better quality and reliability than the Gigabyte.

Have a link to these individual drives?
What motherboard will it be going on?

250 GB will seem too small within a year for many, and should be discouraged, IMO...

Crucial's 500 GB MX500 is but $65 or so, with their 1 TB model at $105...

Intel's M.2 NVME 660P is priced quite similarly, but, 3 times faster on sequential reads/writes...(bargain of the year!)

Reactions: AnAccount

AnAccount

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017
I know there are many better options but I'm limited to one web shop, not much of a choice there.
Here are the links to the drives:
Gigabyte
Evo 860

Here is a link to the all available drives order by value from highest to lowest, my budget would be 175KM but i can go till 200KM or so.
All drives

Besides the SSD I will most probably get this HDD
Seagate HDD 1TB SATA3 64MB

The motherboard will be probably ASUS
ASUS Prime B450 Plus

My second opinion for the motherboard could be:
Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO

$100 are about 92KM
EDIT: Sorry not 92KM, that's Euros. It's about 180KM
Btw, I have a partpicker build which I want to build, can I share the link here or somewhere else? There I explained in more details.
Thanks!

AnAccount

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017
PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor | €526.00
Motherboard | Asus PRIME B450-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard | €292.00
Memory | Team T-Force Vulcan 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory | €83.00
Memory | Team T-Force Vulcan 8 GB (1 x 8 GB) DDR4-2666 Memory | €83.00
Storage | Kingston A1000 480 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | €175.00
Storage | Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive | €95.00
Video Card | Asus GeForce GTX 1660 Ti 6 GB Phoenix OC Video Card | €743.00
Power Supply | FSP Group Hydro G 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | €236.00
Case Fan | Thermaltake Riing 12 LED Green 40.6 CFM 120 mm Fan | €16.00
Custom| MS CYCLOPS IV| €48.00
Custom| Thermaltake Riing 12 (GREEN) 3 pack| €0.00
Custom| Trust GXT 162 GAMING MOUSE| €36.00
Custom| wireless 2.4 GHz LOGITECH K230| €39.00
| Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts |
| Total | €2404.00
| Generated by PCPartPicker 2019-09-07 00:02 CEST+0200 |

Prices are from this web-shop because Im limited to it and the budget is 2400€ (actually Marks and not Euros).

All prices are in Marks (KM) actually and not Euros (€) but I didnt have any better currency to chose instead.
100€ = ~195.58KM (you can ignore this, just for the curious ones)

Im trying to make my first build and with a lot of help on this website from mark5916, I came with these parts.
I was aiming to make something whats good for everyday use (some VBA programming and dealing with databases), also decent at video editing and similar stuff. However, I also would like to be able to run some newer games, they dont have to run in full high super duper ultra settings, its just so I can play something :D
Besides all this, one more important factor is how will auto-clicker and macro recorder programs run on this? I want something that can run my macros fast. Im usually making some loops and need to go through them as fast as possible. Now, Im not quite sure whats important for this, single core speed or more cores and threads? But at the end Im pretty sure it will run faster than my current dual-core intel laptop :D

This is the second motherboard in my mind Gigabyte B450 AORUS PRO
Btw, I came across this list AM4 Vcore VRM Ratings v1.3 (2019-09-04), By Cr1318 (Reddit) which shows that the CPU should work fine on either of the motherboards.

Should I change anything or am I ready to go and order? :D
P.S. Im aware that the motherboards would require a possible BIOS update with a CPU of first or second generation.

Thanks!

Edit: probably swapping the Kingston A1000 480GB for a Crucial MX 500 SSD, 500GB version after doing some more research.

All this above is from my partpicker post
As you can see I actually was thinking to go for the Crucial MX 500 hehe, I dont know why I changed my mind later. Its a little over the budget but I can do it, is that HDD fine? I will just store data on it, like a backup drive.

AnAccount

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017
I didn't quite understand you about the RAM. Do you mean to get one 16GB stick instead 2x8GB?
About the fans, I probably don't but there doesn't seem to be a better offer on that web shop.
PSU, same as the fans seems the best choice for money on that web shop, unless I would go for a 550W one? I suppose the 550W would be fine for that rig, but was if I decide to upgrade things later on :/
Btw those are not Euros € I just used that currency because mine wasn't available there, it's Marks KM

Thanks for the quick reply, I was busy unfortunately.

AnAccount

Honorable
Mar 4, 2017
Ah i understand it now, unfortunately there are no 2x8GB sets of DDR4 .
The thing is I need to spend 2400KM, I have free vouchers for it I just dont plan to go much over that. The choice is not quite big on that web shop and the prices are far from realistic but its for free, so Im trying to figure out the best solution.
One other question, I read that my fan connectors are 3 PIN and the motherboard has 3 times 4 PIN connectors. Can I use those fans on the motherboard? (I read that I can, just to be sure)