Evoluent Mouse battery overheating

May 17, 2021
Has anyone had an issue with their Evoluent Vertical Mouse 4 battery overheating? The battery has gotten so hot that the battery shows signs of burning (or bubbling) on the exterior of the battery. It its even to hot to touch to remove the battery. This is the second time it has happened in the past 5 months. I alerted Evoluent to the issue this past January but their response was directed towards the battery, not the mouse. Can anyone add to this post?

Ralston18

Titan
Agree with @Ivt - "not normal".

Batteries getting too hot to touch are dangerous.

Is the mouse showing any signs of damage? Which specific model mouse?

What battery is installed: OEM or some other brand? Did you install the current battery? Rechargeable battery? Specs indicate a single AA battery for the wireless mouse version.

What did Evoluent actually say about the battery?

E.g., "Stop using the battery", "return battery and/or mouse for a replacement", etc...?

I would take a few photos of battery and mouse, send the photo's to Evoluent and request a refund/replacement as you desire.

Where did you purchase the mouse? How long ago? Seller? Any warranty left? RMA.

Keep records of all correspondence and anyone you talk with.

However, if the installed battery is some third party product then Evoluent is likely "out of the picture" and the warranty probably excludes damages from failed batteries.

In which case, if the mouse is working, then you will need to check the required battery specs and purchase the applicable replacement battery.

Butcher2033

Reputable
Nov 6, 2016
Has anyone had an issue with their Evoluent Vertical Mouse 4 battery overheating? The battery has gotten so hot that the battery shows signs of burning (or bubbling) on the exterior of the battery. It its even to hot to touch to remove the battery. This is the second time it has happened in the past 5 months. I alerted Evoluent to the issue this past January but their response was directed towards the battery, not the mouse. Can anyone add to this post?
Are you using regular battery or some kind of AA rechargeable, in my expirience regular AA batteries can overheat that hard only in case of almost direct short. Behaviour that you are describing is pretty strange (consedering that your mose still woks).
if you are indeed using just a regular battery, just skip the whole troubleshooting step,and just try to return this mouse.