Evolve and GTX 550 ti

Qutre

Reputable
Jan 27, 2015
Hello everyone!

So I have a question, I want to play Evolve on my PC (a game not out yet) and I pass all the system minimum requirements except for the graphics card, I have a GTX 550 ti and the game needs a GTX 560. I looked on both of the graphics card specifications, and the only differences I saw (I don't know very much about graphic cards, if at all) were:

-The number of CUDA cores: GTX 550 ti has 192 / GTX 560 has 336.

-Texture Fill Rate (billion/sec): GTX 550 ti has 28.8 / GTX 560 has 45.4-49.8

Is this a big difference? Will I still be able to run the game, even at minimum? Thanks.

*I have also 12 mb of RAM and an i5 at 3.2 GHz

Solution
The minimum and recommended requirements are extremely general. Nothing specific so you should run that game fine.

I was able to play Titanfall on a GT 540M with only 94 cuda cores (my gpu was way below the minimum requirement).

To the devs:
Minimum Requirements = Best playable experience at low settings.
Recommend Requirements = Best playable experience at high settings.
The minimum and recommended requirements are extremely general. Nothing specific so you should run that game fine.

I was able to play Titanfall on a GT 540M with only 94 cuda cores (my gpu was way below the minimum requirement).

To the devs:
Minimum Requirements = Best playable experience at low settings.
Recommend Requirements = Best playable experience at high settings.

Solution

Qutre

Reputable
Jan 27, 2015
Thanks for the responses guys, I expected something like that but just wanted to be sure It will at least run before purchasing it! I know it won't perform very good but as long as it's playable, it's ok to me. I'm planning on upgrading my graphics card but no anytime soon, so knowing this takes off the rush, as I'm really excited to play the game.

And about overclocking, generally speaking, is it "safe"? Doesn't it overheat the computer or the card too much? And is it worth it? Thanks in advance!