[SOLVED] EX- 320M gaming with Ryzen 5 3500

nikhilsaxena835

Reputable
Aug 2, 2020
So, I was very low on budget and hence bought an EX-320M Gaming. I know I should have got a b450 but it can't be undone now. I need two know two things
1. Does this board by default support Ryzen 5 3500, if no, then how could I update my bios to use it (Ryzen kit will not be available here)

2. Does this board support 3000 Mhz RAM because its specifications say so although the box says its 4XDDR4 2400support (there are two slots only though).

3. What else should I keep in mind with this board.
Thanks

Solution
No its doesn't have anything like that so what are my options.
You hsve two choices. Get a 1xxx series CPU either by borrowing one or take it to a shop and get the BIOS updated, or try it. It will either boot to BIOB or not. If not, then uou have to do one of the update option I listed.

kanewolf

Titan
So, I was very low on budget and hence bought an EX-320M Gaming. I know I should have got a b450 but it can't be undone now. I need two know two things
1. Does this board by default support Ryzen 5 3500, if no, then how could I update my bios to use it (Ryzen kit will not be available here)

2. Does this board support 3000 Mhz RAM because its specifications say so although the box says its 4XDDR4 2400support (there are two slots only though).

3. What else should I keep in mind with this board.
Thanks
Unknown on the support. The compatibility page -- https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/EX-A320M-GAMING/HelpDesk_CPU/ says that the 4801 BIOS is required. The 4801 BIOS was released about a year ago. Usually the motherboard box will have a sticker if it is Ryzen 3xxx compatible.