Ex-AMD Chief Tied to Insider Trading Scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

huron

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2007
[citation][nom]wildwell[/nom]This story isn't over, we'll keep hearing about more and more NASDAQ tech companies executives tied to this scandal.[/citation]

Have you heard something that we haven't? How do you know?

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
Ex-AMD Chief Tied to Insider Trading Scandal
Jane, there was more information in your article about other high ups in this scandal than Hector Ruiz. Why the one sided title?

Glad to see the government cracking down on these people.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]Honis[/nom]Jane, there was more information in your article about other high ups in this scandal than Hector Ruiz. Why the one sided title?Glad to see the government cracking down on these people.[/citation]

Today's news about Ruiz is the most recent development in an ongoing story. That said, the whole thing is quite confusing so I wanted to include a recap of what has transpired so far. :)

Yoder54

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
Why is it that it is always these rich-ass CEO's that try to cheat for some extra cash? All the while us honest, hard working, tax paying, law abiding citizens can hardly make ends meet with our bogus health insurance policies, and false promises of a prosperous future. Ain't that the shits.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Today's news about Ruiz is the most recent development in an ongoing story. That said, the whole thing is quite confusing so I wanted to include a recap of what has transpired so far.[/citation]
I would agree but this is Tom's first article about the scandal (unless I missed it) so this is technically all new information for Tom's readers.

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
When did this come about? As others have stated this is the first we've heard about it... If not someone put some links up on this.

thejerk

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Honis[/nom]I would agree but this is Tom's first article about the scandal (unless I missed it) so this is technically all new information for Tom's readers.[/citation]

You bitches need to quit crying.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]Yoder54[/nom]Why is it that it is always these rich-ass CEO's that try to cheat for some extra cash? All the while us honest, hard working, tax paying, law abiding citizens can hardly make ends meet with our bogus health insurance policies, and false promises of a prosperous future. Ain't that the shits.[/citation]

Quite simply because you don't have the millions of $$$ necessary to invest in a company where the shares going up a few % points will make you any significant money. For example, to make 500,000 $, you need maybe 5,000,000 at a 10% increase. If you have that much money invested in a company, you won't be on the Toms Hardware forums.

gzhang

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
yep that is very true. Also a lot of not so rich people cheat too, people in restaurants I used to work hide their income and collect social security. The problem is it will cost more $$ to investigate them than the money government could collect.

cheepstuff

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
[citation][nom]dman3k[/nom]rich people are greedy. that's why they're rich.who would have thought?!?[/citation]
poor people are lazy, thats why they are poor.

i really dislike it when people do that, please stop.

ChuvelxD

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
[citation][nom]cheepstuff[/nom]poor people are lazy, thats why they are poor.i really dislike it when people do that, please stop.[/citation]

Lazy is not the opposite of greedy....

Poor people are poor because of a lack of oppourtunity. Now some poor people make opportunity for themselves and become not poor. But rich people don't even have to make opportunites for themselves, the apportunities come to them. They just latch on. This is also called the stock market.

/amband cheepstuff for a ignorance.

G

Hector Ruiz had ties to G.W. Bush, it was in his bio on AMD's site.

Bush is the epitome of a 7th generation rich kid idiot who inherited wealth and opportunity, just like ChuvelxD's excellent commentary....

cheepstuff

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008

i was using that as an example. i'm just saying it is wrong to say someone is greedy because they are wealthy. there are a lot of hardworking poor people in the world, and there are a bunch of lazy/greedy/whatever character flaw here people in the world. it is wrong to generalize someone by one vague characteristic alone.

wildwell

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2009
This story isn't new, the SEC has been pulling names of interest from lots of major Wall Street firms related to this scandal this month. I haven't seen news of the case on Tom's though.

Status
Not open for further replies.