News Ex-Intel CEO Brian Krzanich gets a new job, igniting a massive backlash — new employer Cerence disables social media comments after blistering crit...

Admin

Administrator
Staff member

chaz_music

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2009
I believe he was driving the Intel bus when they bought Altera, and then had the outrageous idea to have annual licensing to use the pre-canned programming images for the FPGAs. That caused Xilinx stock to go up! D'oh!

Reactions: artk2219
Oct 14, 2024
Krzanich is probably not the best hire, but the guy from Apple can cram it. His company is the world's largest user of full blown human sl@ve labor, and his company's success (and indirectly, his own) is almost entirely due to that. Keep it to yourself homie.

magbarn

Reputable
Dec 9, 2020
Krzanich is probably not the best hire, but the guy from Apple can cram it. His company is the world's largest user of full blown human sl@ve labor, and his company's success (and indirectly, his own) is almost entirely due to that. Keep it to yourself homie.
Apple sure are Greedy bastards, but you have to admit, now that Intel is also on the same TSMC process, they now have the better engineers. Krzanich really screwed up by cutting R&D to do stock buybacks and was the leader of the 4-core AND 14++++++++++++nm stagnation generations.

DS426

Upstanding
May 15, 2024
$52B to $70B over five years? Sounds great on paper but without context, it's nothing. Much of that is just riding the natural growth in technology over those years, along with AMD happening to unfortunately fail pretty hard on Bulldozer.

Anyone remember how little performance was gained from a Core i5-2500K to a -7500K? And Kaby Lake started the refreshes as it was basically a Skylake Refresh, so Kaby Lake Refresh was a Skylake Refresh Refresh. "8th gen" could be a Kaby Lake-R or a Whiskey Lake CPU depending on the model, e.g. i5-8250U was KBR while i5-8265U was WL. Yes, that all revolved around Intel 10nm (now Intel 7) taking several extra years to materialize.

Slight tangent: I don't know if Intel realizes this but the danger of letting go of that much talent means that many of those folks will go to the competitors, especially AMD.

Very funny though to hear an Apple employee go that berserk. Too bad he doesn't given enough f's about a healthy, competitive PC ecosystem.

Reactions: bit_user

bit_user

Titan
Ambassador
The article said:
it is perhaps ironic that Intel didn't fire Krzanich due to his management performance. Instead, he was allowed to resign after a workplace relationship was uncovered—a violation of company policy.
That's how it always is, at the executive level. You don't get fired unless you do something criminal. Otherwise, you're always allowed to resign. Worse yet, the announcement usually includes some amount of praise.

Notton

Commendable
Dec 29, 2023
It's not his company, he's just a lowly engineer that got laid off from Intel when they did stock buy backs.
He wouldn't even be working at Apple had Intel not fired him. It is highly unlikely he has any control over which factories get the contracts.

Tim Cook is the actual guy in charge of Apple, easy mistake, I know.