[SOLVED] Ex Mining RX570 driver problems

Wutse

Honorable
Nov 17, 2015
Hey Guys

i have run in to a snag .....

Last week i bought an Asus Strix RX570 O4G , and i'm guessing its an ex mining card
i bought it for a new budget build i'm doing next weekend , but i tested it in an system that my friend brought over.

when booting up it worked , but when i tried installing AMD GPU Drivers , each time it said that no drivers were installed when i tried opening the adrenaline software
also in device manager it showed that no drivers were installed

what could be causing this problem? could there be a differend bios on that GPU that adrenalin flips out because of it?
i would like to get this card working so i can atleast test it out and us as a placeholder untill gpu stock is back

Solution
It probably packs a custom BIOS with modded core and memory frequencies, that's why the drivers aren't detecting it.

You need the rom for your exact GPU model and ATIFLASH, you save the rom file as "bios.rom" inside the program's folder, run the executable as admin and load the bios file, then hit the Program button and let it work, once it's done restart the computer and if everything's fine then the card will be detected by the drivers.

6_large.png

Don't worry about the update, most cards run fine with the default rom.

Wutse

Honorable
Nov 17, 2015
You need to reflash the card with the OEM firmware. Miners modify the firmware and use blockchain drivers.

You can find core firmware here and the last update on the Asus site.

Ok so help me out here , i have never done this before
So i need to flash that bios on to my gpu , and what do i have to do with that update then?

Also can you flash a GPU while your using it in a pc? or do you need to use the onboard graphics while doing this?

carocuore

Respectable
Jan 24, 2021
It probably packs a custom BIOS with modded core and memory frequencies, that's why the drivers aren't detecting it.

You need the rom for your exact GPU model and ATIFLASH, you save the rom file as "bios.rom" inside the program's folder, run the executable as admin and load the bios file, then hit the Program button and let it work, once it's done restart the computer and if everything's fine then the card will be detected by the drivers.

6_large.png

Don't worry about the update, most cards run fine with the default rom.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS