Ex-Valve Employees Launch 3D AR & VR Headset Kickstarter

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's nice of Gabe Newell.

Seriously, how many companies not only innovate as he does but would also allow employees to take their work with them.

By "fired" I believe it means "laid off" due to restructuring which is common.

I'm not sure why they'd concentrate on a VR headset with the Occulus VR already in development but I guess competition is a good thing.

velosteraptor

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012

In the second paragraph, the word 'kickstarter' is a link to the page... took me a few minutes to notice it.

That's another reason why I love VALVe. They focus on consumers and don't screw people over.

I just wish they would focus a bit more on those of us who want a new Half Life. I am sure they are probably working on it with Source 2 but the wait is killer. VALVe always has a way of making a game fun and have a great story.

I just want to kill some more Combine jerks.

re: Half-Life 3
“I can’t confirm all too much since the development is still in early stages, but for now I can confirm that we are going to release on both current and next generation consoles and we will also release the game on our own platform exclusively for PC and Mac… We hope to have the first trailer ready for E3 2014, which we (after several times not attending) will finally come back to.”

Gabe Newell confirmed that info, and it's generally speculated that a 2014 Q4 release will happen (so a year from now).

I believe "own platform" may mean not only the regular Steam game service but possibly SteamOS boxes. In fact, releasing HL3 on Steambox would give a lot of publicity to launch the new platform/service.

They should also have the new Steam controller out by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS