Exact width of MSI 9xx Gaming Twin Frozr V, measured from top of motherboard?

motorcade

Reputable
Sep 13, 2015
I'd be most grateful, if someone could measure the exact width of a MSI GTX 9xx Gaming series card when installed, starting from the top of the motherboard (i.e. how far in mm the card's heatpipes reach towards the opposite side panel).

Trying to figure out if the card would fit in a 195 mm wide case using a 25 mm side fan, so in any case it would be a tight fit and every mm counts.

MSI says ~14 mm but I have no clue if they include the bracket etc. in the measurement and how much actual space it takes in the case when attached to the board.

motorcade

Reputable
Sep 13, 2015
Some further info:

Trying to measure with a ruler from this pic it seems MSI gives the width from the farthest point of the bracket to the farthest point of the cooler (maybe this is how all manufacturers do it, I don't know?)

So... from the socket (NOT the bracket) to the other end, I get some 120-130 mm. If that's correct, I believe the card should fit because 25 mm (fan) + 130 mm (GPU width) = 155 mm.

Now, Fractal says a CPU cooler up to 162 mm will fit, so I believe the card + fan would fit also. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I'm about to order the parts soon.