[SOLVED] Example of symmetric encryption, asymmetric encryption and hashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 2020
Hi,
Can anyone give me an example of when we are using symmetric encryption, asymmetric encryption and hashing?

Solution
sure sounds like a homework question to me :)

symmetric is when both sides know and use the same password or key to secure a connection.

asymmetric means each side uses a different password or key to secure a connection.

hashing is simply a way to "fingerprint" a file for identification purposes mainly, and in no way is it a suitable way to secure a connection.

with this in mind think about all you do with and around your pc and it should be pretty obvious a couple examples of each.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador

symmetric is when both sides know and use the same password or key to secure a connection.

asymmetric means each side uses a different password or key to secure a connection.

hashing is simply a way to "fingerprint" a file for identification purposes mainly, and in no way is it a suitable way to secure a connection.

with this in mind think about all you do with and around your pc and it should be pretty obvious a couple examples of each.

Solution
Nov 13, 2020

Thanks, yes, its for school =)

Status
Not open for further replies.