Question Examples of builds that support 500W 80+ ?

DirtySZN

Commendable
May 6, 2020
So I am basically just looking to see how good/powerful of a build I can get with my specific power supply and what are some examples of CPU’s/GPU combos that would be a viable option with this PSU ?
I.e.) Would a GTX 1070ti plus a Ryzen 5 3600X be the best that it can do with standard amount of RAM, etc. ?

The PSU that I am referring to is the Thermaltake “Smart Series” Smart 500W 80 Plus power supply.

DirtySZN

Commendable
May 6, 2020
Just to add more info. to this -

I already have the power supply in hand & that is why I am asking this specific of a question so I apologize if it is a stupid question..

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
It's a very low-quality power supply, a very cheaply built, group-regulated unit of ancient design. I would not trust it with any GPU that requires supplementary power. I absolutely would not use a 1070 Ti or any modern CPU that isn't entry-level with it.

Reactions: DirtySZN

DirtySZN

Commendable
May 6, 2020
It's a very low-quality power supply, a very cheaply built, group-regulated unit of ancient design. I would not trust it with any GPU that requires supplementary power. I absolutely would not use a 1070 Ti or any modern CPU that isn't entry-level with it.
That’s actually pretty scary to me because it was taken out of my last gaming PC - it had a Ryzen 5 5600X and a Rx Vega 56 8GB in it… I didn’t really have any problems with it but I definitely believe you. Clearly I’ll just get a better psu when the time comes to build everything

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
That’s actually pretty scary to me because it was taken out of my last gaming PC - it had a Ryzen 5 5600X and a Rx Vega 56 8GB in it… I didn’t really have any problems with it but I definitely believe you. Clearly I’ll just get a better psu when the time comes to build everything

This said you had a EVGA 850 P2?