[SOLVED] Exceeding the limit of PSU rails

May 1, 2020
Hello, i found this site OuterVision in which you can calculate the PSU power and the amperages that you need depending on the things you plug in the pc . I was wondering what would happen if you go over the limit of the +5v rail by plugging to many things. I know it's a wierd question but I'm curious.

Solution
If you do exceed it the PSU should shut itself down for protection. Speaking of USB devices, there is a limit to what a port will supply so the device will just not function.
Thanks for the answer. To be honest I thought that it might blow up or catch on fire :))) i suppose that could still happen if it's a 10$ no branded psu with no protection right?
May 1, 2020
If you do exceed it the PSU should shut itself down for protection. Speaking of USB devices, there is a limit to what a port will supply so the device will just not function.
Thanks for the answer. To be honest I thought that it might blow up or catch on fire :))) i suppose that could still happen if it's a 10$ no branded psu with no protection right?

Reactions: vov4ik_il
Solution