exceeds bitrate on MPEG-2

Leo

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2001

I am using Adobe Premiere 6.5 MPEG-2 to encode, what should the bit rate be.
I had it at 8000 and then 6000, but I still get this message "Data Exceeded
Multipexable bit rate" I am using 6000 or DVD NTSC 4X3 BITRATE. What
should it be.

I had this problem before and some fixed it, but forgotten what I did to fix
it.

Andre

leo wrote:
> I am using Adobe Premiere 6.5 MPEG-2 to encode, what should the bit rate be.
> I had it at 8000 and then 6000, but I still get this message "Data Exceeded
> Multipexable bit rate" I am using 6000 or DVD NTSC 4X3 BITRATE. What
> should it be.
>
> I had this problem before and some fixed it, but forgotten what I did to fix
> it.

If you are really using 6Mbps it should be small enough. Maybe your
header is corrupted. You can fix this using the mpeg tools of tmpg
(http://www.tmpgenc.net). Just open the file and save it again.

Andre

--
----------------------------------
http://www.aguntherphotography.com

Leo

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2001

can I fix this without going to tmpg. I really do not want to download it,
please help

"andre" <andre.gunther@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> leo wrote:
>> I am using Adobe Premiere 6.5 MPEG-2 to encode, what should the bit rate
>> be. I had it at 8000 and then 6000, but I still get this message "Data
>> Exceeded
>> Multipexable bit rate" I am using 6000 or DVD NTSC 4X3 BITRATE. What
>> should it be.
>>
>> I had this problem before and some fixed it, but forgotten what I did to
>> fix it.

> If you are really using 6Mbps it should be small enough. Maybe your header
> is corrupted. You can fix this using the mpeg tools of tmpg
> (http://www.tmpgenc.net). Just open the file and save it again.
>
> Andre
>
> --
> ----------------------------------
> http://www.aguntherphotography.com

mark

> I am using Adobe Premiere 6.5 MPEG-2 to encode, what should the bit rate
be.
> I had it at 8000 and then 6000, but I still get this message "Data
Exceeded
> Multipexable bit rate" I am using 6000 or DVD NTSC 4X3 BITRATE. What
> should it be.

I use PP now and can't remember the presets in 6.5. You are using the Adobe
Media Encoder from within Premier, aren't you? Select one of the standard
presents from there and I doubt you'll have any problem.

Here's what I do with video:

http://www.onworldsedge.com/21452.html

"leo" <dusty-roads@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> can I fix this without going to tmpg. I really do not want to download
it,
> please help

I don't have Premiere 6.5 but is there separate settings for video bitrate
and system stream bitrate? If so then the system stream bitrate needs to be
high enough to accomodate the video, audio, and some overhead.

> "andre" <andre.gunther@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> > leo wrote:
> >> I am using Adobe Premiere 6.5 MPEG-2 to encode, what should the bit
rate
> >> be. I had it at 8000 and then 6000, but I still get this message "Data
> >> Exceeded
> >> Multipexable bit rate" I am using 6000 or DVD NTSC 4X3 BITRATE. What
> >> should it be.
> >>
> >> I had this problem before and some fixed it, but forgotten what I did
> >> fix it.

> > If you are really using 6Mbps it should be small enough. Maybe your
header
> > is corrupted. You can fix this using the mpeg tools of tmpg
> > (http://www.tmpgenc.net). Just open the file and save it again.
> >
> > Andre
> >
> > --
> > http://www.aguntherphotography.com

Leo

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2001

Thanks, I lowered my bit rate some more and was able to burn. I lower it to
4500