Question Excel 2016 always hang after migrate to new laptop

xchiazyx

Prominent
Feb 23, 2019
Hi Expert,

I have user which Excel always hang after data transfer to a new laptop, previously was using Excel 2010 now is using 2016 version 64bits. I suspect is the migrate over that caused the excel to be corrupt, it'll start to hang or get Microsoft Excel not responding off and on small or big excel file.

Even less then 2mb and still same. The hang will last up to almost 1 min, even on navigating and opening will hang. I tired repair the MS office already but still can't resolve, which is very strange and it's a new laptop, Windows 10 with 16Gb ram on SSD, office and windows both updated.

If the excel is corrupt, what are some of the solution, use 3rd party software to repair? If so which free one is suitable? Or some other way? Appreciate if any expert can advise me on.

Thanks!

Hi Expert,

I have user which Excel always hang after data transfer to a new laptop, previously was using Excel 2010 now is using 2016 version 64bits. I suspect is the migrate over that caused the excel to be corrupt, it'll start to hang or get Microsoft Excel not responding off and on small or big excel file.

Even less then 2mb and still same. The hang will last up to almost 1 min, even on navigating and opening will hang. I tired repair the MS office already but still can't resolve, which is very strange and it's a new laptop, Windows 10 with 16Gb ram on SSD, office and windows both updated.

If the excel is corrupt, what are some of the solution, use 3rd party software to repair? If so which free one is suitable? Or some other way? Appreciate if any expert can advise me on.

Thanks!

Did you test those files on another computer? Are there add-ins in Excel or just a clean setup?