Question Excel has become invisible when opened

ihatemymonitor

Prominent
Aug 17, 2019
Laptop (Dell Precision M6700), OS Windows 7 64 bit, 20 GB ram. Using Microsoft Office Professional Plus (x64) 2013. Latest graphics card drivers installed.

I multitask and have excel and Chrome windows open to play podcasts while I work. Often times, when I switch windows from Excel to Chrome by clicking the Chrome icon (to find a new youtube video, etc) and then click back on Excel, Excel it no longer appears - I simply continue to see the same Chrome window I was browsing.
Excel appears to be full screened but invisible because by clicking around the screen certain Excel appear, for example, when I click the "X" close window on chrome in the top right corner, Excel asks if Im sure I want to close and if I want to save my work, etc.
Never experienced this before. Any suggestions?

ihatemymonitor

Prominent
Aug 17, 2019
What happens if you apply "WIN" + "Tab"?

Do you see a "desktop" showing all open windows/apps?

Nothing happens. Which is also strange. Ive only owned this laptop for a week now, but on my old desktop (same windows 7 64 bit) if I held "WIN" + "Tab" it would generate the carousal type wheel where you can cycle through all the windows you have open.

ihatemymonitor

Prominent
Aug 17, 2019
If you close Chrome and open a few other applications including Excel - does the problem continue?

Does the carousal type wheel reappear?

My thought is that Chrome may have become corrupted and may need to be reinstalled.

Hmm. The carousal type wheel does not appear period, even with Chrome closed. Strange.

Ill try and reinstall Chrome and get back.

Others suggested its Excel, but I reinstalled it already and the issue purists.