Excel opens file slowly

BoNeEyE1

Commendable
Nov 18, 2016
Decided to upgrade from Microsoft office 2007 to MS office 2016, and now my files take forever to load. In 2007, the files would open almost instantly. I've tried disabling all the plugins and running excel in safe mode and opening the file but nothing worked.
PC specs: i7-3770
8gb ram
Windows 7 64 bit

any solutions?

Solution

I vaguely remember years ago when upgrading from 2007 that my spreadsheet began crawling. I put a solution out on the internet that is simple. go to the rightmost column that contains formulas or data and then one or two columns past that and delete a column then do the same for the row as well. My original solution basically stated that the reason for the slowdown was because excel thinks that it needs to process...

Mystified

Reputable
Feb 18, 2015

I vaguely remember years ago when upgrading from 2007 that my spreadsheet began crawling. I put a solution out on the internet that is simple. go to the rightmost column that contains formulas or data and then one or two columns past that and delete a column then do the same for the row as well. My original solution basically stated that the reason for the slowdown was because excel thinks that it needs to process every cell in every sheet. When you delete the column and row, it seems to reset the last row and column that will be processed which is a much smaller number of cells. Save the spreadsheet each time you make the changes and then repeat for every sheet. See if that helps. I have also noticed that if you go into the options for large spreadsheets and disable the auto save and the recovery that excel becomes much faster. Good Luck
Orland Uhden

Solution