Question Excessive CTD For All Games

simab88

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2013
I have a Manli RTX 3060Ti. No matter what I've done whether it's reinstalling windows, running stress tests, installing chipset drivers or clean installing and updating all drivers, I'm getting continuous graphical glitches or artifacting (in some games resulting in straight crashes) and/or direct CTD's in any game I play irrespective of how low I keep the settings as well.

System specs with age are as follows (including age with all components just for assesment):
Processor: Intel i7 9700 (non K) (4 years)
Motherboard: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Edge Pro AC (Wifi) (2 years)
Ram: 3x8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 (2666 Mhz) (4 years)
Storage:
Primary: Adata XPG SX8200 Pro (1TB) (1 year)
Secondary: Hikvision E100 (1TB) (3 years),
Hikvision E100 (1TB) (new),
WD Black 4TB HDD (3 years)
Graphics Card: Manli RTX 3060 Ti (7 months)
PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 850W (Platinum) (4 years)
Note:
  1. System is air-cooled, no overclocking is done.
  2. All drivers are updated to the latest versions.
Can anyone please tell me what could be the problem? Is it the card or the PSU or something else altogether?

Edit Note: added OS info and updated storage drive info.

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
What did the PSU power prior to the RTX3060Ti?

As for your predicament, run DDU to remove all GPU drivers from your platform, then manually reinstall the latest GPU driver off of Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

People are advised to run 2 or 4 sticks of ram on a motherboard to get the best out of the platform. You don't run 3 tires on a car that needs 4.

BIOS version for your motherboard?

simab88

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2013
What did the PSU power prior to the RTX3060Ti?

As for your predicament, run DDU to remove all GPU drivers from your platform, then manually reinstall the latest GPU driver off of Nvidia's support site, in an elevated command, i.e, Right click installer>Run as Administrator.

People are advised to run 2 or 4 sticks of ram on a motherboard to get the best out of the platform. You don't run 3 tires on a car that needs 4.

BIOS version for your motherboard?
1. The PSU powered a GTX 1660 Ti (Zotac make). Switched to the RTX in 2021. Issues have started occurring as of Jan '23.
2. GPU drivers: Let me try this. Will update accordingly.
3. Ram: agreed, never had any problems at all except now, will try removing one stick and testing.
4. Bios version: E7B171MS.AC0 (DATE: 10/20/2022)

Last edited:

simab88

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2013
1. The PSU powered a GTX 1660 Ti (Zotac make). Switched to the RTX in 2021. Issues have started occurring as of Jan '23.
2. GPU drivers: Let me try this. Will update accordingly.
3. Ram: agreed, never had any problems at all except now, will try removing one stick and testing.
4. Bios version: E7B171MS.AC0 (DATE: 10/20/2022)
An update:

Reinstalling the drivers has made it worse. Followed the steps you recommended carefully but, every game is now crashing on opening and seeing a lot of the graphics glitches plus some bar like artifacts now.

What should I do now?

Last edited: