Excluded files on ssd clone still showing

KGman

Commendable
Jan 6, 2017
I cloned my HDD to smaller SSD using samsung migration tool. I was required to exclude folders and files due to size restriction, however those same files are still on the clone. For example i excluded My Documents folder, yet all my documents are available and working. Why is this?

Solution
Hey there.

I'm really not that familiar with the above mentioned cloning tool, but most migration/cloning tools do not allow you to clone or exclude specific folders. You can do that with partitions in most cases. So if you've selected C: drive/partition it's only natural that you get everything on that partition cloned over to the new SSD.
Perhaps it would be best to get in touch with the software developer's customer support for more info on that or check the User Manual.

Cheers!
Boogieman_WD
Hey there.

I'm really not that familiar with the above mentioned cloning tool, but most migration/cloning tools do not allow you to clone or exclude specific folders. You can do that with partitions in most cases. So if you've selected C: drive/partition it's only natural that you get everything on that partition cloned over to the new SSD.
Perhaps it would be best to get in touch with the software developer's customer support for more info on that or check the User Manual.

Cheers!
Boogieman_WD

Solution

TRENDING THREADS