Excluse Acer eRecovery Management from Boot Order?

Daethic

Reputable
Oct 29, 2014
Hi there. I'm not sure if this is the right thread or not, but it looked like the most relevant one.
Recently, I removed some of acer's bloatware and now it sends me to Acer eRecovery on boot every time; after a minute or two of loading acer erecovery, it crashes and I am unable to load up my PC.

I was wondering if there was any way to exclude Acer eRecovery Management from the boot order? or anything that could help me fix this problem?

Solution
Could be a bad hard drive. See if the BIOS has a built-in drive check utility. If not you can use a boot disk like Hirens or Ultimate Bood CD to boot from and run a disk check utility from there.

You will likely need to re-install Windows in either case if the system can't start it, if the recovery does not work, you can contact ACER for a restore disk set or for Windows 7 you can download the ISO file for the setup and burn a DVD, use that to install Windows. You may want to use a different hard drive, and use your current one to copy your files back.
Acer eRecovery isn't in the boot sequence at all.

It looks like in your eagerness to remove bloatware you've removed something you shouldn't have, which has screwed up the Windows installation. eRecovery is therefore popping up so you can run it to recover the system. It will install a fresh copy of Windows & drivers from the factory backup on the hard drive.

So eRecovery is not the problem, it's the means by which you can fix the problem!

Do bear in mind though that if you haven't backed up your files to another location you will lose them because eRecovery will overwrite the C drive with new data.

Daethic

Reputable
Oct 29, 2014

The actual problem is that Acer eRecovery isn't working. All that happens is that after 2/3 minutes of "Loading..." on the eRecovery screen, an error pops up and restarts the PC.

Could be a bad hard drive. See if the BIOS has a built-in drive check utility. If not you can use a boot disk like Hirens or Ultimate Bood CD to boot from and run a disk check utility from there.

You will likely need to re-install Windows in either case if the system can't start it, if the recovery does not work, you can contact ACER for a restore disk set or for Windows 7 you can download the ISO file for the setup and burn a DVD, use that to install Windows. You may want to use a different hard drive, and use your current one to copy your files back.

Solution

Daethic

Reputable
Oct 29, 2014

Ha! Thanks, I already figured out the problem a few days ago, and it seems that the issue was just that my hard drive was totally screwed up and I had to replace it.