News Exclusive: Phison’s E18 NVMe SSD Controller Hits 1.2 Million IOPS

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
These NVME drives should be released in both versions , 4 lanes PCIe4.0 M2 , AND 8 Lanes PCIe 3.0 Cards .

I Hope all NVME makers read this and consider it .. for each Gen4 PCIE GEN 4 product make a version for 8 lanes Gen3 ... Millions of PC users will not upgrade for like 2 years to come.

NP

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2015
These NVME drives should be released in both versions , 4 lanes PCIe4.0 M2 , AND 8 Lanes PCIe 3.0 Cards .

I Hope all NVME makers read this and consider it .. for each Gen4 PCIE GEN 4 product make a version for 8 lanes Gen3 ... Millions of PC users will not upgrade for like 2 years to come.

They will certainly not make two versions. Millions of PC users will just have to upgrade, or suffer the slower speeds until they upgrade. The same as with any other new tech.

I am happy that I will have the fastest stuff for a change in two weeks. The current mobo and CPU is from 2011. I had to build and tinker all compatibility myself. I did not ask for any handouts like "Why cannot they make PCIE GEN 2 32 lane GPUs for millions of Xeon LGA 1366 processor people?!!"

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
They will certainly not make two versions. Millions of PC users will just have to upgrade, or suffer the slower speeds until they upgrade. The same as with any other new tech.

I am happy that I will have the fastest stuff for a change in two weeks. The current mobo and CPU is from 2011. I had to build and tinker all compatibility myself. I did not ask for any handouts like "Why cannot they make PCIE GEN 2 32 lane GPUs for millions of Xeon LGA 1366 processor people?!!"

be happy as you wish , I am addressing NVME makers not you. millions of people bought their PCs three or two or one years ago and not from 2011 .. and they are a large market share. not to mention that the majority of PCs in the market are intel based and not AMD based. People who prefer intel over AMD are buying their PC as we speak without Gen 4 PCIe.

NP

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2015
be happy as you wish , I am addressing NVME makers not you. millions of people bought their PCs three or two or one years ago and not from 2011 .. and they are a large market share. not to mention that the majority of PCs in the market are intel based and not AMD based. People who prefer intel over AMD are buying their PC as we speak without Gen 4 PCIe.

People who really care about nvme speed difference between pcie4 vs 3 eithe already have pcie4 or are just about to purchase it. So no, there is no large market. I give you that some of the millions of people you mention indeed could possibly care about it, and from some perspective maybe "should" care about it.

But even so, the fact is that the people who care enough are not a large market share. Neither in absolute terms or even in comparison to, say, LGA 1366 Xeon enthusiasts. Especially if we are talking about those who care enough to pay a sufficient premium to cover the manufacturers' expenses incurring from making two versions of a cutting edge high-tech product. Not to mention within a market that is already highly competitive as is.

So, I am addressing you on behalf of NVME makers here, telling how they would reply. They would reply: "No, we shouldn't."

NP

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2015
no it is not dead ... millions of people still using it , and NVME makers want to sell to these millions of people as well.

But not the best. The best they will sell to pcie4 people. You will just have to deal with it. Mark my words. You will not get pcie3 x8 versions of any of these.

As you have been told: Move on.

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
But not the best. The best they will sell to pcie4 people. You will just have to deal with it. Mark my words. You will not get pcie3 x8 versions of any of these.

As you have been told: Move on.

Best reply for people like you is blocking you so I dont see your flaming posts :) see ya

NP

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2015
Best reply for people like you is blocking you so I dont see your flaming posts :) see ya

The only one who is flaming is you. I don't get why people take discussion about "their own" pcie generation so seriously and personally? Pcie3 was, and still is, good tech, but now there is new. better tech. The industry and consumers move on. Why all the drama?