Question exe file ruined my desktop

Yasser85

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2014
twitch.tv
please don't judge my stupid ignorant old stupidity ... it's almost 6am and i can't sleep cause i am terrified of what i just did

i clicked run as admin on a sketchy exe that i downloaded from a link

once i saw some windows pop i tried as fast i could to disable my connection to the internet but i wasn't fast enough
ran scans on malwarebytes, found threats and restarted to fix.. once i connected back to the internet.. the threats showed up again ..
disconnected my pc ran a scanall clear, connected to reinstalled chrome, run a scan.. all clear.. then decided to scan again and threats showed up again
now my desktop isn't connected to the internet and i don't know how to stop what seems to be a script that regenerates whenever i connect to the internet.

i again am ignorant i don't know if it's a script or what is a script i just feel like those powershell windows popping up means i executed a serier of tasks that keep infecting my device

i am afraid to even use a flash drive to copy and paste the malwarebytes report to this laptop- but if it's required i guess i'll have to

detected items were
- malware.Sandbox.1
there's 5 of those. 2 are files and 3 are Reg_key
- Trojan.SmokeLoader
5 more of those, 2 are files and 3 are Reg_Key

that's the latest result that i disconnected once i saw the first file detected show during scan ..

earlier scans show additional threats to what i mentioned earlier
PUP.Optional.ForcedExtension
Malware.Heuristic.1001
Malware.Heuristic.1004

please help

Yasser85

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2014
twitch.tv
that was quick.. i forgot how fast installing windows on SSD is.. thank god for SSDs
and RIP my C: files .. thanks for your help .. now can i just sleep or should i still be worried about passwords or idk what else..

D

Deleted member 14196

no need for anything of the kind, you did the right thing wiping and installing. you can't ever trust any antivirus to totally clean it for you.

if you knew it was a potentially dodgy exe, why on earth would you ever run as admin? you really did this one to yourself and no amount of antivirus can stop you at that point

don't do that anymore, have an image backup that's verified good BEFORE doing stuff like that at least.

Yasser85

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2014
twitch.tv
it's not over yet.. my facebook account was hijacked..
Device:iPadIP
address:47.158.23.208
Estimated location:Indio, CALIFORNIA, US
i'm assuming it's a vpn server

then i remembered seeing forced browser extension in the list of threats
now i think whoever did this have access to all my passwords saved on my chrome

i cleared passwords from chrome settings, security and privacy, clear browsing data, passwords.. but they probably already got them so i'm squeezing my brain to remember all the accounts i used and changing the passwords

anything else i can do?

i already scanned my pc like 15 times since i noticed this 5 hours ago and it's clear so my pc seems to be safe for now but my data isn't?

Yasser85

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2014
twitch.tv
no need for anything of the kind, you did the right thing wiping and installing. you can't ever trust any antivirus to totally clean it for you.

if you knew it was a potentially dodgy exe, why on earth would you ever run as admin? you really did this one to yourself and no amount of antivirus can stop you at that point

don't do that anymore, have an image backup that's verified good BEFORE doing stuff like that at least.
thank you for your help.

Yasser85

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2014
twitch.tv
i formatted my SSD and clean windows installation
HDD doesn't seem infected with anything..

my FB account was stolen and just got it back, i also believe he had access to my email
i did change the password of all accounts i can remember but i believe my PC is currently clean but he already got all the passwords from google chrome passwords
i can currently see he's trying to get access to my email .. my cellphone is being spammed with text messages from microsoft with login codes
and those are showing up in my activity as Unsuccessful sync

IMAP 60.20.198.83 China
IMAP 69.167.22.53 USA
IMAP 69.167.17.93 USA
IMAP 113.226.102.86 China
IMAP 113.226.105.140 China
IMAP 218.5.24.229 China
IMAP 240e:378:c01:3021:28ee:1e66:27b5:9895 Not available

anything i can do with this information?
does that mean i need to stop using google chrome?

D

Deleted member 14196

I would get the authorities involved because this is illegal activity also make sure you turn on two factor authentication on everything

If you live in the United States get the FBI involved and report it and send that prove to them let them investigate it