Question Exhaust fan right above cpu fan

Jul 4, 2022
is it a bad idea to have the exhaust right above the cpu fan? Currently i have 2 140mm be quiet fans on top as exhaust and the cpu cooler (dark rock pro4) right under it. I was wondering if that would suck potentially cold air away from it before it gets there.
if it's indeed the case, will having more intake than exhaust prevent it?

kanewolf

Titan
is it a bad idea to have the exhaust right above the cpu fan? Currently i have 2 140mm be quiet fans on top as exhaust and the cpu cooler (dark rock pro4) right under it. I was wondering if that would suck potentially cold air away from it before it gets there.
It is possible that you could have too much exhaust flow. You can easily test by unplugging one or both fans and see what happens to your CPU temps.

Jul 4, 2022
I personally find that the best cooling configuration is often found by trial and error. Test it and see. If you feel the temps are too high, reconfigure the fans and see if it's more efficient.
It is possible that you could have too much exhaust flow. You can easily test by unplugging one or both fans and see what happens to your CPU temps.

Thanks, i will keep this info inconsideration when adjusting the fan curves, i'll have intake always be a little more than exhaust. And i guess i'll have to monitor temps to fine tune it.

The name of the game is "Go with the flow". Exhaust case fan should be inline with fans on CPU cooler.