[SOLVED] Exhaust Fan Suggestion

varstas

Commendable
Apr 13, 2019
Hi, I've just built my new pc but i have problems regarding of cooling. I'm using CM Masterbox K500l and inside ryzen 2700x with stock cooler, asus rtx2080, msi pro carbon x470, CM 600w 80+ psu.
There are 2 12mm front fans and 1 12mm rear exhaust fan. All of these fans are preinstalled and they are total garbage. Front red led fans are noisy no pwm control and rear exhaust do nothing in terms of throwing hot air outside.

Let me share my tests so you can understand my problem better.
After playing Division 2 for 1 hour with max settings on 2k; GPU 74C and CPU 80C.
After playing Division 2 for 1 hour with max settings on 2k with left side of the case is open; GPU 54C and CPU 62C.

After this i believe what i need is a good exhaust. I'm planing to place this fan on top side of the case. Can you give me any recommendation of 120mm fan?

Solution
Well, no wonder! Those 12mm fans are barely big enough to cool a ladybug! Just kidding.

A Noctua NF-S12A PWM would be a good choice. You could get the NF-S12B redux-1200 PWM if you need something less expensive or a different color.
Well, no wonder! Those 12mm fans are barely big enough to cool a ladybug! Just kidding.

A Noctua NF-S12A PWM would be a good choice. You could get the NF-S12B redux-1200 PWM if you need something less expensive or a different color.

Solution

varstas

Commendable
Apr 13, 2019
Is there a significant difference between Corsair ml120 pro rgb and Noctua NF-S12A? I prefer rgb if there isnt huge price gap or performance gap.

Could you give me a suggestion where should i put my fans, and should i throw away preinstalled ones?

c5.png

I don't think you will gain that much by replacing all the fans, unless it's for the noise. I'm not sure how the Corsair MLs compare to the Noctuas. I would just try one additional fan as an exhaust at the rear roof. You can always add more later if needed. Try to aim the front fans at your CPU and GPU if possible.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Rgb fans will run @ $25+ per fan. Your case comes with 2x red led fans in front and a non-led exhaust and are somewhat cheaper than RGB.

So decide, you want to keep a single color? Or have the option for multiple colors because that'll make a huge difference to your wallet. And you really don't want to mix and match, blue rgb inside and red led outside isn't pretty.

Case Fan: Deepcool - TF 120 WHITE 76.52 CFM 120mm Fan ($15.63 @ Newegg)
Case Fan: Deepcool - TF 120 RED 76.52 CFM 120mm Fan ($16.28 @ Newegg)
Led, pwm, decent for the price, decently quiet. Use 5, 3x in front, 2x top

Last edited:

varstas

Commendable
Apr 13, 2019
Quick update: I have changed stock cooler with CM ML240R. Now CPU never past 55C. I have also ordered 2 Noctua NF-S12A as exhaust fan, 1 rear 1 top, to cool down the GPU too. Thanks for helping.