[SOLVED] Exhaust fans. 2 or 3 140 mm?

Aug 16, 2019
Currently i have cooler master mastercase pro 3 case. This case comes with 1 140mm front fan and 1 exhaust fan. Arctic P14 PWM PST 140mm

Im planning remove stock exhaust fan and place front panel. with that ill get 2 140 mm front fans. And get 3 more 140 mm fans(1 fan back and 2 fans top) for exhaust purposes.

but im concerning about; do 2 top exhaust fans prevent incoming air from front panel fans airflow?

Or should i place 2 exhaust fans? (1 back, 1 top)

My case;
CM Mastercase pro 3
CM Mastercase pro 3
CM Mastercase pro 3

Solution
It shouldn't matter that much, just make sure that your case has proper airflow, so put them to your liking. Here is a photo of proper airflow. You won't need all your fans but maybe one or two, but make sure to have the right airflow. Yes, the top exhaust will pull air pushed from the front, but that is how the airflow is supposed to work. Air is pulled through the case, cooling components and keeping dust out.
KIHIygS.png
original.png

Dlaing

Reputable
Aug 16, 2019
It shouldn't matter that much, just make sure that your case has proper airflow, so put them to your liking. Here is a photo of proper airflow. You won't need all your fans but maybe one or two, but make sure to have the right airflow. Yes, the top exhaust will pull air pushed from the front, but that is how the airflow is supposed to work. Air is pulled through the case, cooling components and keeping dust out.
KIHIygS.png
original.png

Last edited:
Solution