Exidy 440 survey.

There are 9 if you throw out top secret and catch 22. Crossbow,
Cheyenne, Combat, Crackshot, Chiller, Clay Pigeon, Hit 'n Miss, Who
Dunit, Showdown. If you had to leave one out is there a clear winner?
Or do you have to have them all?

Anyone have any ideas for getting Top Secret playable? Looks to me
like there's 7 buttons and wheel, I don't see that happening with a gun
and a start button.

What games need to be on a sensitive list? Obviously chiller, I know
crackshot has breif nudity. It's been a long time since I've played
some of these.

Has anyone ever noticed any difference between hitnmiss 2.0 and 3.0?

Dave

here's my list:

1. Crossbow
2. Combat
3. Cheyenne
4. Clay Pigeon
5. Who Dunit
6. Catch-22
7. Crackshot
8. Showdown
9. Top Secret
10. Hit 'n Miss

of course top secret would drop out since it's not compatible with the
gun. although, if it was possible i'd build a specific control panel
for it.

i'd also like to see catch 22, from what i gather it's the prototype to
combat. if there are differences i think it would be a more interesting
game than some of the others. i don't know a whole lot about this one
so maybe i'm off base here.

in a perfect world i'd like to see them all. if it's just a matter of
cost, i'd rather pay a bit more and get the whole list than save a
couple bucks and have a couple left out.

The only difference I've noticed in the short time I tried catch22 was
the action button fired automatically. The screen said to use the
button but it fires by itself.

Yes, it's strictly cost. Going from 8 to 9 would probably add $20-30
but they add in pairs so 10 is free. Adding pairs after that would
probably cost $6.

You REALLY don't like hit n miss do you:)

I would pay the extra cost if you threw everything on there. The price
doesn't really matter to me for a kit that can play all of the Exidy 440
shooters. I would be more than willing to pay as much as $500 for a board
that has all of this good stuff thrown into it. As long as you have
Chiller, Cheyenne, Combat, Crackshot and Clay Pigeon, I would love to buy
it. However, it HAS TO have Chiller or I will have no interest in it. I
really appreciate someone taking on a project like this.

-Jos

whatdidiwin" ATTT "yahoo" DOTTTT "com

"D Widel" <dwidel@gmail.com> wrote in

> There are 9 if you throw out top secret and catch 22. Crossbow,
> Cheyenne, Combat, Crackshot, Chiller, Clay Pigeon, Hit 'n Miss, Who
> Dunit, Showdown. If you had to leave one out is there a clear winner?
> Or do you have to have them all?
>
> Anyone have any ideas for getting Top Secret playable? Looks to me
> like there's 7 buttons and wheel, I don't see that happening with a gun
> and a start button.
>
> What games need to be on a sensitive list? Obviously chiller, I know
> crackshot has breif nudity. It's been a long time since I've played
> some of these.
>
> Has anyone ever noticed any difference between hitnmiss 2.0 and 3.0?
>

> Dave

It won't be that much. But it won't be cheap either as I don't think
there's very many people that are interested and the costs will divide
among a lot fewer people than something like a multipac.

I have BEEN hoping someone would do something with the multi exidy.
Clay just seems too busy and I'm glad someones stepping up david. Count
me in for any secondary proto testing and definatly a finished product.
There is more interest in these things then you think. Unfortunatly
most of the people who will gain interest would be ebay cruisers. Not
sure how into the idea of shopping it around on the bay you are.
*shrug*

- Matt

I've only played the more common versions, Crossbow, Cheyenne and Combat.
Anything else you can include would be gravy. I'm in for whatever you
produce.

Chris M

"D Widel" <dwidel@gmail.com> wrote in message
> There are 9 if you throw out top secret and catch 22. Crossbow,
> Cheyenne, Combat, Crackshot, Chiller, Clay Pigeon, Hit 'n Miss, Who
> Dunit, Showdown. If you had to leave one out is there a clear winner?
> Or do you have to have them all?
>
> Anyone have any ideas for getting Top Secret playable? Looks to me
> like there's 7 buttons and wheel, I don't see that happening with a gun
> and a start button.
>
> What games need to be on a sensitive list? Obviously chiller, I know
> crackshot has breif nudity. It's been a long time since I've played
> some of these.
>
> Has anyone ever noticed any difference between hitnmiss 2.0 and 3.0?
>

> Dave

I'd love to see this kit get made. Definitely be interested in buying one or
two.

Anthony

--
Anthony Pietrak
www.QuarterArcade.com

"cnlmoore" <cnlmoore@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I've only played the more common versions, Crossbow, Cheyenne and Combat.
> Anything else you can include would be gravy. I'm in for whatever you
> produce.
>
> Chris M
>
> "D Widel" <dwidel@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > There are 9 if you throw out top secret and catch 22. Crossbow,
> > Cheyenne, Combat, Crackshot, Chiller, Clay Pigeon, Hit 'n Miss, Who
> > Dunit, Showdown. If you had to leave one out is there a clear winner?
> > Or do you have to have them all?
> >
> > Anyone have any ideas for getting Top Secret playable? Looks to me
> > like there's 7 buttons and wheel, I don't see that happening with a gun
> > and a start button.
> >
> > What games need to be on a sensitive list? Obviously chiller, I know
> > crackshot has breif nudity. It's been a long time since I've played
> > some of these.
> >
> > Has anyone ever noticed any difference between hitnmiss 2.0 and 3.0?
> >

> > Dave

I vote for:

1. Crossbow
2. Cheyenne
3. Combat
4. Chiller
5. Crackshot
6. Clay Pigeon
7. Who Dunit
8. Hit 'n Miss
9. Catch-22
10. Showdown

I'd love to get a board that had all the Exidy board games. I'd go and
extra $50 or $60 to get all of the games on one board. :) I have a
Crossbow cabinet that I'd love to put this board in!

--

Adam
adam_AT_msn_DOT_com

<crsdawg@go.com> wrote in message
> here's my list:
>
> 1. Crossbow
> 2. Combat
> 3. Cheyenne
> 4. Clay Pigeon
> 5. Who Dunit
> 6. Catch-22
> 7. Crackshot
> 8. Showdown
> 9. Top Secret
> 10. Hit 'n Miss
>
> of course top secret would drop out since it's not compatible with the
> gun. although, if it was possible i'd build a specific control panel
> for it.
>
> i'd also like to see catch 22, from what i gather it's the prototype to
> combat. if there are differences i think it would be a more interesting
> game than some of the others. i don't know a whole lot about this one
> so maybe i'm off base here.
>
> in a perfect world i'd like to see them all. if it's just a matter of
> cost, i'd rather pay a bit more and get the whole list than save a
> couple bucks and have a couple left out.

I mainly concerned with the more popular shooters, especially Crossbow,
Cheyenne, Combat, Chiller and Crackshot. At this point, I'd buy any kit out
there, of course the more games, the better.

Anthony

--
Anthony Pietrak
www.QuarterArcade.com

"Adam Dare" <adam_AT_msn_DOT_com> wrote in message
> I vote for:
>
> 1. Crossbow
> 2. Cheyenne
> 3. Combat
> 4. Chiller
> 5. Crackshot
> 6. Clay Pigeon
> 7. Who Dunit
> 8. Hit 'n Miss
> 9. Catch-22
> 10. Showdown
>
> I'd love to get a board that had all the Exidy board games. I'd go and
> extra $50 or $60 to get all of the games on one board. :) I have a
> Crossbow cabinet that I'd love to put this board in!
>
> --
>
> Adam
> adam_AT_msn_DOT_com
>
> <crsdawg@go.com> wrote in message
> > here's my list:
> >
> > 1. Crossbow
> > 2. Combat
> > 3. Cheyenne
> > 4. Clay Pigeon
> > 5. Who Dunit
> > 6. Catch-22
> > 7. Crackshot
> > 8. Showdown
> > 9. Top Secret
> > 10. Hit 'n Miss
> >
> > of course top secret would drop out since it's not compatible with the
> > gun. although, if it was possible i'd build a specific control panel
> > for it.
> >
> > i'd also like to see catch 22, from what i gather it's the prototype to
> > combat. if there are differences i think it would be a more interesting
> > game than some of the others. i don't know a whole lot about this one
> > so maybe i'm off base here.
> >
> > in a perfect world i'd like to see them all. if it's just a matter of
> > cost, i'd rather pay a bit more and get the whole list than save a
> > couple bucks and have a couple left out.

Silly but curious question-
why is it called Exidy "440" ?

Marcel

"D Widel" wrote:
>My guess is the cabs weigh 440 lbs.

LOL - i almost choked/coughed a chocolate weeto through my nose while
reading that eating my cereal. Those are a pigging heavy bastard to
move, even compared to things like Outrun.

Having seen all these cabinets in the top 10 list lined up, and being
able to play a number of them myself, i would go out of my way to buy at
least one kit although i don't own a cabinet yet heh.

Andy Welburn
www.andys-arcade.com

--
Sent via Gamer Newsgroups
http://www.gamernewsgroups.com

Glad I could help your digestions :)

BTW I've found a new dipswitch for chiller. In mame at least there's a
zombies dip. I haven't been able to verify that yet though on the pcb.
Activating that dip on my board seems to trigger the protection
scheme. It should be dip 2 if the dips are in order.

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I'd buy two Exidy multi's provided Chiller is on there. -dan

On Sat, 13 Aug 2005, D Widel wrote:

> It won't be that much. But it won't be cheap either as I don't think
> there's very many people that are interested and the costs will divide
> among a lot fewer people than something like a multipac.

Don't worry Chiller is definately in. It's working fine. In fact I
stayed up all night playing it.

No idea. It's working now, but the dips don't line up. I was hoping
every game would have the same dips and they are pretty close, but the
later games have moved freeplay to different spots. I'll have to go
through all the games and fix the dips, or move the dips to nvram and
make a menu, that could slow me down quite a bit. As long as I have to
make patches I'll probably move the coins to nvram.

Also the sound in crossbow is intermittently not working. That could
be the board, or it might be the design. I'm not sure yet. I haven't
gotten around to trying it on a different board.

Also a big one on the todo list, I don't have a way to reset that thing
yet. Currently I power cycle it to get back to the menu. With just a
start button and trigger button I don't think I can do a button combo,
so I guess we're stuck with adding a button. Although I don't think
you have to hold the start button down in any games so maybe that's a
possibility.

btw you can see picks at http://www.widel.com if you didn't know.

You are really getting me excited to be able to play Chiller in a real
arcade cabinet again. Do you have any idea when you'll be finished the
multiboard?

whatdidiwin" ATTT "yahoo" DOTTTT "com

> Don't worry Chiller is definately in. It's working fine. In fact I
> stayed up all night playing it.

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Awesome... then I will just need NOS control panel artwork for mine. Ha
ha... -dan