Expand to 2 DVI monitos Through single output KVM

wade_link

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
So, this forum seems to be super helpful, but I am failing to find what I need. Looks like I am close, but not quite there.

I have a PC with DMS59 output and a laptop dock with DVI output.

Both are connected to a Rosewell single DVI-D output. I want to use two monitors each with a DVI and VGA input.

I have learned the hard way that simply using a DVI splitter will not allow me to extend the display between the two monitors.

So, how do I go from the single DVI output from the KVM switch to dual monitors and allow me to extend the display?

Do I need some other kind of splitter? One that goes to DVI and VGA

Thanks for any help.

Hello mate!

I think you might have mixed up a Little in your message to me. Is it your PC or your laptop that you're trying to connect two monitors?

wade_link

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
Sorry, this may have been done quickly. I have a laptop dock and a PC connected to the dual monitors through a KVM switch. The KVM switch is a Rosewill with 2 DVI inputs and 1 DVI output. I am going from the 1 DVI output to the two monitors.

The laptop dock has 1 DVI output. The PC has a DMS59 output that I have a converter to DVI to connect to the KVM switch.

Does this help?

wade_link

Honorable
Mar 16, 2013
No problem. Basically I am connecting a laptop and a PC to the same set of monitors through a KVM switch. When I am running either, I want to use two monitors and extend the display to both. The KVM switch has a single DVI-D output which I am wondering how to get to two monitors and allow extending the desktop to both. I bought a DVI-D splitter and found that this will only send the same signal to both monitors and not allow extending the desktop to both.

Does this help?