[SOLVED] expansion port backplate

mozga628

Distinguished
May 9, 2012
sorry, i really didn't know where to put this.
my pc does not have a 5.25 bay, but i am an avid user of optical drives.
is there a expansion port backplate that i can connect sata power and a sata data cables to from the inside of the PC. Then i could connect the optical drive to the sata and power ports on the opposite (outside) side of the expansion port backplate.
USB is fast enough to be a fine solution for CD's, but not for UHD disks powering through 80gb or more of data in the span of a 100minute movie...

thank you,
matt

the only other solution i can think of would be to allow the cables to dangle outside the case... live power cables outside the box doesn't sound to smart imho.

Solution
USB is fast enough to be a fine solution for CD's, but not for UHD disks

USB is going to offer the same speeds as any SATA device.
the writing speed of the burner is what determines the speed your disks get written, not the connection to the system.

even if you're copying data directly from a SATA SSD to a USB 3.0+ external SSD the read/write times will be the same based on the speed of the drives, not the connection.
USB is fast enough to be a fine solution for CD's, but not for UHD disks

USB is going to offer the same speeds as any SATA device.
the writing speed of the burner is what determines the speed your disks get written, not the connection to the system.

even if you're copying data directly from a SATA SSD to a USB 3.0+ external SSD the read/write times will be the same based on the speed of the drives, not the connection.

Solution