Question Expansion Slot

Jan 20, 2020
I currently have the ATI AMD Radeon (TM) R7 370 Series graphics card on a Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 on expansion slot 1, I need access to the slot next to it to fit a Asus PCE-AC68 for Wif-fi. Can I simply move the graphics card to slot 3 without any issues, running a single monitor, no bells or whistles, just need the room to fit the adaptor card.

Jan 20, 2020
Great, many thanks for the assistance
No. No problems at all. PCI Express was designed this way. You are safe to install any PCI-Ex1, PCI-Ex4, PCI-Ex8 expansion card into a PCI-Ex16 expansion slot.

-Wolf sends
No. No problems at all. PCI Express was designed this way. You are safe to install any PCI-Ex1, PCI-Ex4, PCI-Ex8 expansion card into a PCI-Ex16 expansion slot.

-Wolf sends
Great, many thanks for the help.

Wolfshadw

Titan
Yep.

If you look at the motherboard manual (linked above), on pgs. 1-22 and 1-23, you'll find the recommended layout for multiple VGA cards. You can use this as well for determining where you can install other PCIE cards without interfering with the performance of your primary graphics card. Slot 3 (PCI-Ex16_2) is designed specifically for adding another PCI-E expansion card without issues for your graphics card.

-Wolf sends

TRENDING THREADS