Expect More Diablo III Expansion Packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

tobalaz

Honorable
Jun 26, 2012
Just played Diablo 3 for the first time last night on PS3.It was fun as a multiplayer game but it didn't feel like Diablo, it felt more like Gauntlet.Everything felt pretty linear, exploring wasn't as rewarding as it had been in the past, I could no longer distribute my skill tree or attribute points...It felt REALLY dumbed down.Torchlight feels more like Diablo than Diablo does now.

Torchlight was designed by two of the original people behind Diablo and Diablo 2 so that is why it feels like Diablo in terms of the gameplay.

Honestly the story surprises me. It is almost as if Leahs death meant nothing to the characters. Then again D3s story was pretty bland.

And of course there will be more XPacs. Gotta keep the cash flowing.

G

Play Path of Exile, It's 100% free with non game breaking micro transactions (custom item skins pretty much) and the skill tree will blow your mind!

RewCore

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2014
Play Path of Exile, It's 100% free with non game breaking micro transactions (custom item skins pretty much) and the skill tree will blow your mind!
Too bad you cant respec like in D3(and im not even a fan of D3). I dont have time to make 5 different characters of every class just to find the best build -_-

merloin

Distinguished
May 18, 2008
Too bad you cant respec like in D3(and im not even a fan of D3). I dont have time to make 5 different characters of every class just to find the best build -_-
Instead of micro transactions, you play the trading simulator. Sounds like my kind of fun /sarcasm. And you pretty much have to trade if you want any kind of decent gear without hundreds if not a thousand hours of grinding just to get half way decent unique.Don't get me wrong, I like POE, but the loot drop rate is absolutely horrible. Everything else it offers is pretty darn cool. It's certainly worth checking out.

RewCore

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2014

I downloaded it and got to level 3 or 4. The story was boring and the mechanics were very poor. I was quite dissappointed, but what can you expect for a "free to play" game these days.

sharpies

Honorable
Apr 12, 2012
I downloaded it and got to level 3 or 4. The story was boring and the mechanics were very poor. I was quite dissappointed, but what can you expect for a "free to play" game these days.
I agree with you regarding POE. I also installed it with the hopes of finding something that was missing in D3. However, after playing it for a couple of levels I hated the combat mechanics. The units moved in a weird manner and it wasn't as fluent as D3. So I uninstalled it after I hadn't played it after a few days.Regarding the quality of Free-to-play games... you are wrong here since Dota 2 is F2P and it rules! I can see myself playing Dota 2 for atleast the next 5 years.

somebodyspecial

Honorable
Sep 20, 2012
If they don't remove the RMAH they won't get my purchase. I've waited this long, I can wait them out forever as there are so many other great games to play (great RPG's etc coming soon from all the old devs that made ultimas, wizardry's, wasteland, fallouts, etc), OR I can always go xbox360 ;) Which would just be sad, as I haven't needed to boot that in years. I'm hoping the exp pack removes RMAH finally, as they said they were going to do this on PC too.

RewCore

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2014

99% of 'FTP' games arent actually free to play, and involve some sort of game breaking mechanic that forces you to buy something. Thats all I meant. Havent tried out Dota 2 and Ive only sampled LoL; I couldnt get myself into that category of gaming unfortunately. The mechanics of D3 are much better now with patch 2.0 but theyre a bit late. I refuse to pay 40$ for a character, a new gameplay, and an act.

The RMAH is actually closing as is the GAH on the 18th. I never understood why anyone even cared since the game itself has no PvP or ladder so it is not like you are losing a PvE game when someone else buys gear on the RMAH.

But I guess people will always be mad when others buy their way to the top gear. Happens with any game that has that ability, even if it doesn't affect them.

DoTA 2 has items much like TF2. Some are cosmetic and some are weapons but are balanced so they do not outweigh other ones unless it is suited to your specific play style. As well they have item drops and community made items so if you buy certain ones community members get paid.

eldragon0

Honorable
Oct 8, 2013
This is sadly true and part of the game. Until about lvl 30-40 the combat mechanics are very slow and until about 50-60 the itemization is rather bland. But as any good arpg should be the end game is what really mattersand in terms of endgame content, POE wins hands down over any and all arpg's I've ever played.

maximus8100

Reputable
Mar 12, 2014
I don't understand all the POE hate. People who play for a couple of hours and say they hate it arnt giving it a chance. I agree it starts out slow but once you start mapping out your build and start to see how in-depth the game is and how the skill gems work you will love it. There are so many ways to customize your character its crazy.Also if you make a good build you don't need the best gear in the game. I have been setting up my own builds and running with blues and a couple of yellows I find and I kill stuff really fast. POE is not a pay to win. There is nothing you can buy with money to give you an advantage that you can buy using the store. They also just released a huge content patch which was free!!!I have played D3 in the beginning and i got turned off by having to buy gear just to progress which is total bullcrap. I don't know if its that way now but the greed of this company pissed me off I just quit. i don't see myself buying the expansion for $40 or whatever its going to be. To me it should be free for how bad the game started but you know that would never happen. There hands are stuck in the cookie jar and it will never come out until people talk with there money and don't buy into there crap.

cypeq

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
If they want to make something they should balance game and deploy promised PvP. Surprisingly that god damn mess brawling is up to blizzard standard but PVP they spent year developing was worse? At least there would be something more interesting than one broken ffa mode, I wouldn't mind 2-3 broken modes.Auction house failed let's milk players with expansion and raising level cap, we knew that 60 level in Vanilla was there for a reason. 40$ is unacceptable price for a small expansion. Consider how much more work is put into WoW expansions and they cost the same. Wooot woot, I'm pretty sure there is at least ten fold cost difference in developing last WoW and this D3 expansion.RoS is already terrible buy me or gtfo expansion, as there is no reason to continue playing Vanilla D3 because skills, and gear in RoS will be order of magnitude better.

nhat11

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
@maximus8100

You NEVER had to use the AH in D3 to progress but some people are too lazy to just play the game and just get the drops. Now Blizzard is taking out the AH, increase loot drop rates (they're ridiculous, a legendary every 2-3 hrs) and having all legendaries bound to your character so you HAVE to play.

It's sad people like you that don't have self control just submit to the AH and blizzard having to take it out in the end.

bloodroses75

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
Don't look at me every buying anything from Blizzard ever again. Not after they perma-banned my WoW account 6 months after cancelling it, screwed up my Starcraft 2 account multiple times, and now conveniently 'lost' my beta access to Hearthstone. The company needs to burn in hell just like EA.

I personally didn't like the feel of combat in PoE. I haven't found many ARPGs I do like, most are slow and clunky same with MMOs of which I like GW2 but hate most others. VanHelsing was a good ARPG but didn't have a lot of replay ability but right now Grim Dawn is looking really good and feels really good considering it is in only Alpha stages.

You never had to buy gear in D3. That's the thing people don't seem to understand. Even without the AH, the itemization in D3 was just bad. It currently still is pretty poor as it is now geared around the expansion pack instead of the core game.

I personally never bought anything for real money in D3. If I found a really good item, like say a Manticore, I would sell it o the GAH and then use the funds to buy something for my Barbarian. If not I would craft, which I currently have shoulders, gloves, braces and an amulet that were all crafted, a Skorn that my wife found and the rest I got of the GAH with money I made from playing and finding items I couldn't use anyways.

The drop rate is actually lower than before. Of course this is considering the mob density was nerfed and now WW Barbs are slow as crap but before I would run Act 3 in about an hour and find 3-5 legendary items. Mostly crap but I still found more in 1.08 per hour than in 2.0.

BoA to me is stupid as I have found legendary items that would have worked great for my wife as she plays a Wizard. But since she was not playing with me those items cannot be given to her and instead become useless or brimstones.

Status
Not open for further replies.