Expensive PC Build

Dec 11, 2012
Okay so last year I got a PC using specs from this forum which gave me a pretty damn good PC for the price but it's time for a major upgrade. I want a PC that is going to run games on High/Ultra graphics for at least a few years. I know that different games will have different outcomes so there isn't anyway to guarantee that every game will meet this requirement but just as a general rule that would be nice. I am trying to make this for Star Citizen, Witcher 3 and several other games but I know that SC will be intense.

Now so far I have decided on a 3rd gen i7-3770K, a GIGABYTE GTX770 4GB GDDR5, Corsair Vengeance 16GB RAM (2x8GB) and a Corsair 750W Power supply. I can post links to all of these products if you are unfamiliar with them. I already have a monitor, a gaming mouse/Keyboard so I'm only looking for the rest of the components. Unfortunately I am not too familiar with the specs of motherboards and I am not sure on the amount of cooling fans that would be necessary to keep the temperature down. When it comes to cases I just want a plain case that I can just put everything into but it must have USB 3.0.

Now although I have chosen several components, please feel free to add your opinions on them because I know there are other products out there that are cheaper yet offer the same power etc.

Any advice and ideas given would be greatly appreciated :)

Astronaughty

Honorable
Aug 26, 2013
Save some money and get a 2GB GTX770. The 256 bit bus width will never utilize the 4GB of RAM. Even if you want to SLI, where you enter an area of performance where the 4GB of GDDR5 could come in handy, it simply wouldn't be able to efficiently use it.

TRENDING THREADS