Experience .. can't beat it.

JohnS

Have ATI Radeon 9000 Pro in AMD system ... pretty
good game PC. I tend for one reason or another to
reinstall my system from a disk image if I manage to
ball it up ... virus, etc. I had Catalyst drivers 4.3 on
the last image, so I did the recommended ATI uninstall
of the 4.3 driver ... from the driver properties ... and
installed 4.5. First thing I noticed in 3D games ( esp
Far Cry ) were bright artifacts on the walls ?? I had
read the post on using the ATI uninstall program, so
I dl'd it and uninstalled the 4.5 drivers, and then
reinstalled them. Bright artifacts gone !!

johns

Thanks for the info !