Question Experience with AOC C24G2 (u) or AOC C24G1 (curved monitor)?

Robomcd

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013
With my grandson of 13 we decided on a DIY gaming rig. The PC parts are fixed and ordered, now for the monitor.
Our gaming PC: Asus Rog Strix B450F MB with Ryzen 5 3600 CPU, GTX 1660 super GPU, 16Gb RAM, 250 Gb NVMe SSD for OS and gaming, and 1 Tb HDD for storage. We are already $ 300 over budget but still want an acceptable monitor.

Going through a lot of reviews, I keep seeing the AOC C24G2 144 Hz popping up as a very solid sweet-spot choice for our CPU-GPU level. Not the top for anything, there are monitors that have this a bit better or that a bit better, but those mostly either have other things much worse or are too $$$$, or don't have Display Port for FreeSync or G-Sync compatible, or are 60HZ only or 240 HZ, etc.

Anybody already any experience with the AOC C24G2 (U)?
Until now, personally and for our non-profit, I always worked with mid-higher level 4:3 Acer monitors and since 2016 with the BenQ BL2411. Very good monitors, also for video editing, still working perfect, but not for gaming in 2020 by a fanatic 13-year old.

He likes the RGB and would like to try a curved monitor, but we could not find anything good that matches specs with the C24G2. The AOC C24G1 seems to be a good sweet-spot curved monitor, but is a bit older type.

Robomcd

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2013
No takers?

Edit: we checked the sellers again, and seems this one is going out quickly. The two main Czech online shops (alza.cz en czc.cz) were already out of stock, the other respected shops had 3 left between them. So I jumped the gun and ordered one.

However, I am still interested in comments, and will report back here as soon as we have it as well.

Last edited: