Experiencing disturbing stuttering

Jun 7, 2018
Basically, some days ago, I noticed that my FPS are much lower in Fortnite (from 60-70 it went to 30-40). I said "Ok, maybe there's an update waiting to be installed, but there wasn't any update. One week ago, I planned that this week I would reinstall my Windows (so I did).

I was hoping that after reinstalling Windows, anything would be back to normal, but nah. Today, I tried installing older GPU drivers and I checked my SSD drivers.

Besides the lag in games, now I noticed that when I'm leaving apps (sometimes), during the closing animation, it stutters (the animation blocks for half a second). This time, I really have no ideea what is to be done so I decided to write it down here and hope for an answer.

I'm using the ROG GL753
- i7 7700HQ
- 8GB RAM DDR4
- GTX 1050
- 1TB HDD (i don't know the branding, but its 5400RPM)
- 256 Samsung 960 EVO SSD NVMe

I would really appreciate if you could help me.

EDIT: sometimes, even the mouse stutters.

Thanks.

I don't know what you have on that HDD, but 5400 rpm HDDs can be much slower than you would think. It appears that most 7200 rpm HDDs have a cache, but most 5400 ones don't, and that can make a big difference in performance. Fastest of all are SSDs, and I see you have a 256 GB SSD. So, if there's something you're using when you see this studdering that's on the HDD, you could get a nice performance boost by moving it to the SSD.