[SOLVED] Experiencing heavy micro-stuttering with new rig ?

Jul 5, 2021
Extreme Game Stuttering/Microstuttering.

Ryzen 7 3700x

Radeon Rx 6800 (reference)

AsRock Velocita B550

16 gb (8x8) g skill Trident Neo 3600mhz

Nvme sk hynix 500gb

Hdd Seagate barracuda 2tb

PSU cougar bxm 850 Bronze

Monitor Msi MAG 321cqr 144hz 1440p

Cpu Cooler cougar aqua

I'm not able to get the performance I'm trying to look for with my rig. I'm unable to even play the Sims 4 and namco Bandai games, tbh almost every game . 3 technicians have already seen my rig and said that it's game optimization but I don't believe that's the case. However I can play eSports no problem (lol valorant overwatch) my single player experience is the worst.
Upon looking at the Radeon metric overlay and bar I'm able to see that the clock speeds are around 2250mhz and fluctuates between 2100mhz and the stuttering is caused when the clocks drop to 400mhz. I'm also able to see the Gpu utilization fluctuate a lot. I don't know if this is drivers issue but it gets really annoying and kills the experience so hard.

Troubleshooting:
2 PCIe cables powering the graphics card
Recovered windows
Freshly installed windows
Formatted nvme and hdd completely and again installed windows.
DDUi safe mode restarted and installed drivers (4 times)
Updated windows with windows update
Memtest my ram and passed all exams it ran for 3 hours
Tried different options on my bios (infinity fábric 1800, resizable bar on, xmp on, change from auto to 4th gen pcie PBO on/off)
Tried a gold certificate PSU
This is the only thing that kinda worked but is not stable (Entered amd software and manually set minimum clock to 1950mhz and maximum clock to 2250mhz, slide the power bar, and set an aggressive fan curve to see if it was thermal throttling) fps stayed stable but it still fights to dip below the minimum MHz and wins. It dips and then the stutter comes.
AMD chipset set to high performance.
Game mode off
Xbox game bar off
Freesync on and off from monitor and Radeon software
Used clock blocker but no difference
Use vsync on off. Used Riva tuner to no avail.
Activated enable unified gpu usage on afterburner
Used aida to stress PC and everything seems normal according to the technicians
Changed Ram mhz to 3200 from 3600 but nothing.

I just want to play guys. Im really looking for help. I have this expensive paperweight here :V

Games stutters and microstutters a lot
Clock Fluctuation all over the place
GPU utilization at 99 then plumets to 0 causing stutter

video for reference:
View: https://vimeo.com/571341114

I was expecting more from this rig but I can also say that before having this GPU I used to have an rtx3070 and this microstutter used to happen as well. Hence the Gpu trade. This Rx 6800 was brand new and sealed.
I don't know what else to do I have tried everything I think I can imagine. Dunno if need to open card and apply thermal paste or? I'm kinda afraid of opening the card. Or to flash bios or ? And this 3 technicians don't know what to say other than it's the game fault but come one..the Sims 4? GTA 5? Bandai namco games? This are supposed to be games that should run and I don't even try to Ray trace. And not ultra. Everything set high/mid.

Solution

Ryzen 7 3700x

AsRock Velocita B550

Nvme sk hynix 500gb

Cpu Cooler cougar aqua

I'm not able to get the performance I'm trying to look for with my rig. I'm unable to even play the Sims 4 and namco Bandai games, tbh almost every game . 3 technicians have already seen my rig and said that it's game optimization but I don't believe that's the case. However I can play eSports no problem (lol valorant overwatch) my single player experience is the worst.
Upon looking at the Radeon metric overlay and bar I'm able to see that the clock...

GizmoMKD

Distinguished
May 29, 2014

Ryzen 7 3700x

AsRock Velocita B550

Nvme sk hynix 500gb

Cpu Cooler cougar aqua

Upon looking at the Radeon metric overlay and bar I'm able to see that the clock speeds are around 2250mhz and fluctuates between 2100mhz and the stuttering is caused when the clocks drop to 400mhz. I'm also able to see the Gpu utilization fluctuate a lot. I don't know if this is drivers issue but it gets really annoying and kills the experience so hard.

Troubleshooting:
2 PCIe cables powering the graphics card
Recovered windows
Freshly installed windows
Formatted nvme and hdd completely and again installed windows.
DDUi safe mode restarted and installed drivers (4 times)
Updated windows with windows update
Memtest my ram and passed all exams it ran for 3 hours
Tried different options on my bios (infinity fábric 1800, resizable bar on, xmp on, change from auto to 4th gen pcie PBO on/off)
Tried a gold certificate PSU
This is the only thing that kinda worked but is not stable (Entered amd software and manually set minimum clock to 1950mhz and maximum clock to 2250mhz, slide the power bar, and set an aggressive fan curve to see if it was thermal throttling) fps stayed stable but it still fights to dip below the minimum MHz and wins. It dips and then the stutter comes.
AMD chipset set to high performance.
Game mode off
Xbox game bar off
Freesync on and off from monitor and Radeon software
Used clock blocker but no difference
Use vsync on off. Used Riva tuner to no avail.
Activated enable unified gpu usage on afterburner
Used aida to stress PC and everything seems normal according to the technicians
Changed Ram mhz to 3200 from 3600 but nothing.

I just want to play guys. Im really looking for help. I have this expensive paperweight here :V

Games stutters and microstutters a lot
Clock Fluctuation all over the place
GPU utilization at 99 then plumets to 0 causing stutter

video for reference:
View: https://vimeo.com/571341114

I was expecting more from this rig but I can also say that before having this GPU I used to have an rtx3070 and this microstutter used to happen as well. Hence the Gpu trade. This Rx 6800 was brand new and sealed.
I don't know what else to do I have tried everything I think I can imagine. Dunno if need to open card and apply thermal paste or? I'm kinda afraid of opening the card. Or to flash bios or ? And this 3 technicians don't know what to say other than it's the game fault but come one..the Sims 4? GTA 5? Bandai namco games? This are supposed to be games that should run and I don't even try to Ray trace. And not ultra. Everything set high/mid.

i think you are using HDD instead SSD. put SSD and install games on SSD then those stutters should go away.

HDD are slow in reading random object that game should load on runtime and CPU waits on HDD which GPU doesn't have material to process in short explanation... example: View: https://www.reddit.com/r/techsupport/comments/41ze30/can_a_bad_hard_drive_cause_micro_stutters_in_games/

Solution
Jul 5, 2021